Black Money Business Jobs : Temporary Jobs To Keep You Afloat

MsInterpret

REGISTERED MEMBER
Apr 21, 2007
I know that the job market is tough. And I recently read an article where people who have been employed for X amount of time are now giving up on finding employment. And this got me to thinking...while a lot of companies are not hiring, there are still plenty of employers who are willing to hire temps. Businesses are hiring temps due to the effects of the economy and not being able to pay full-time employees.
I say, don't just rely on your previous employment to get you a job. Employers like to see someone who is still working, some way and somehow.
Not only does it impress the companies, but it builds your skills and job experiences on your resume.
Moreover, some of the jobs that you may temp for may also hire you on full-time if they like your work ethic and skills.

Why temping can be a good job search idea

Some benefits that I should have considered…
Improved odds
By opening yourself up to the temporary job market, you increase your chances of getting a job, period.
Networking
Whether at temporary job placement agencies or at the hiring companies, temp jobs are a good way to meet new people and grow your job search network.
Money
A little income is better than none and some countries allow you to take temp jobs while still receiving unemployment benefits.
Experience
A temp job is a quick way to get some experience in a field you’re lacking.
Experiment
A temp job can let you try out a new career direction, especially for people who aren’t sure what their profession should be.
Motivation
Being productive in a work role will keep your spirits up and help you otherwise avoid job search depression.
Free training
Temporary placement agencies are responsible for sending qualified temps to client companies. As a result, the placement agencies will often train the candidates they think can do the temp job.
Flex time
Many temp jobs are part-time, leaving your schedule partly open to continuing with your longer-term job search.
Employer tryouts
A temp job is a great way to learn about a company from the inside, helping you to decide if you even want to be a full-time employee there.
Easier to hire
Costing less than full-time employees, temps are appealing to companies in hard times. “Lowering your barrier to entry” means that as a temp you could get hired by a company that couldn’t afford to hire you otherwise.
Full time job offer
The “temp-to-hire” situation is when a company brings in temps to test their skills in filtering candidates for full hiring. Another nice situation is where the company is so happy with your temp results that they decide to offer you a full time job.

Read more at: http://jobmob.co.il/blog/temporary-job-benefits/#ixzz2PpFvf7MN

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back