Black People : Temple of nature

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Chaka, Sep 26, 2003.

1. Chaka

Chaka Well-Known Member MEMBER

Soux Chef
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are no temples or shrines among us save those of Nature. Being children of nature, we are intensely poetical. We would deem it sacrilege to build a house for the One who may be met face to face in the mysterious, shadowy aisles of the forest, or on the sunlit bosom of virgin prairies, upon dizzy spires and pinnacles of naked rock, and in the vast jeweled vault of the night sky! A God who is enrobed in filmy veils of cloud, there on the rim of the visible world where our Great-Grandfather sun kindles his evening camp-fire; who rides upon the rigorous wind of the north, or breathes forth spirit upon fragrant southern airs, whose war canoe is launched upon majestic rivers and inland seas--such a God needs no lesser cathedral. My education began in my mother's womb. Her attitude and secret meditations are such as to instill into the receptive soul of the unborn child the love of the Great Mystery and a sense of kinship with all creation.

2. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,860
    Chaka,

What an absolutely beautiful essay. Did you create this? This touched my spirit very deeply as I invisioned every detail of the beauty of nature and it being God's temple.

Thank you for sharing. :heart:

Peace!

3. Pharaoh Jahil

Pharaoh Jahil Well-Known Member MEMBER

College Student
    Ratings:
    +25
    This is an excellent piece! Only in the Temple of Nature can I find a 'peace of mind'. Flow on Brotha!

4. Chaka

Chaka Well-Known Member MEMBER

Soux Chef
    Ratings:
    +0
    Peace to you all Sisters and Brothers. May the creative spirit move upon this place. May all Love and Peace flow through us all.