Black People : Tell your children to "Get rich or die tryin"

nicely done..

I think the title would be good for a seminar. It would attract the kind of folks
that need to hear about some legitimate ways to get what they want out of life
legitimately. Folks that have that mentality already have it.. and I think if they
just learn to wait.. to delay their gratification long enough to let their money
grow.. they might really be able to have the kind of life they want. with that
said, if you were to add a cooperative component to it where, for example,
Ten 15-year-olds put their money together and work toward a common
financial goal, I think it also teach them that their is real power, financial and
otherwise, in cooperation.

It was a wise move to separate the topics. I do recognize how one ties into or feeds the other yet.....

fullspeedThis assumes the child lives at home with his parent(s) said:
And herein lies the problem for People Surviving in Poverty and the Voices in the Margins.

They DO NOT have stability in basic life essentials.
I have no doubt that when a youth (or adult for that matter) has sufficient resources including guidance, encouragement, modeling support by the 'authorities' in charge of them or committed and able to assist them, they will be more likely to attain their goal.

What is listed above represents external resources that are essential for success. They provide the foundation for which to hold what is inside the person, their internal resources, to come forward and be maintained or upheld. Without a solid external foundation, i.e basic needs, responsible/capable adult/assistant/partner, what is on the inside has little room/resources to grow.

Gotta stabilize those basic needs. SAFE communities and environments is another primary and basic need for 'success'. Emotional safety included.

I'll be back when I can...to this and/or the other thread.

Mama Earth
:hearts2:

you have to click the GO ADVANCED button.. it lets you edit the title or even
delete the entire post..
the "go advanced" button, found next to the "quick reply" button is NOT the proper button if one wishes to edit the title of one's post.

in order to edit one's post, one must use the edit feature. the edit button is found on every post that one creates. and ONLY on posts that one creates.

It was a wise move to separate the topics. I do recognize how one ties into or feeds the other yet.....

And herein lies the problem for People Surviving in Poverty and the Voices in the Margins.

They DO NOT have stability in basic life essentials.
I have no doubt that when a youth (or adult for that matter) has sufficient resources including guidance, encouragement, modeling support by the 'authorities' in charge of them or committed and able to assist them, they will be more likely to attain their goal.

What is listed above represents external resources that are essential for success. They provide the foundation for which to hold what is inside the person, their internal resources, to come forward and be maintained or upheld. Without a solid external foundation, i.e basic needs, responsible/capable adult/assistant/partner, what is on the inside has little room/resources to grow.

Gotta stabilize those basic needs. SAFE communities and environments is another primary and basic need for 'success'. Emotional safety included.

I'll be back when I can...to this and/or the other thread.

Mama Earth
:hearts2:

What percentage of our people would you guesstimate fall into this category of not having the resources needed to follow the guidelines that I laid out?

What specific resource do you think they are missing that prevents them from following those guidelines?

I would suggest that the vast majority of our people have the ability and resources needed to follow these guidelines because it really boils down to information and values. If they have this information and value it more than they value being cool, peer pressure, or materialism, there is nothing specifically stopping them from implementing these values in their lives. I would venture to say that VERY FEW of our young people are SO BAD off that IF they seriously WANTED TO, they would not have what it takes to implement these guidelines in their lives. VERY FEW.

The rest of us, need only be taught this message. Therefore, it is vitally important that our people are not allowed to be convinced by naysayers that the white man got them down or that they are stuck in their current condition economically or socially. MOST of our people have the resources they need to grow from where they are to where they choose to be legitimately.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back