Black Short Stories : Tell Me Sumthin' Good chapter1

Discussion in 'Short Stories - Authors - Writing' started by lil'MizzUnique, Jul 8, 2004.

1. lil'MizzUnique

lil'MizzUnique Active Member MEMBER

high skool student
    Ratings:
    +0
    I havent been on the Board in a minute and i'm quite happy to be back. This is a couple of chapters from my up and coming book.

Chapter 1 : Out With The Old In With The New
    Rriiinnggg rriinnggg rriinnggg

“Hello...Yeah this me...hold on let me go in the other room real quick...”

I barely opened my eyes and looked over at Lamar as he got up out of the bed fully naked and walked into the living room. Here we go again with this. Its 2:30 in the morning some little chic call and he want to run into the other room to have another late night conversation. And his silly *** thinks that I'm still sleep. I wonder which one this is. Nope I’m not going to wonder I'm finna just get my stuff and go. I guess he already got what he wanted from me for the nighttime to move on to the next one. But this time I aint gone be here for him to dismiss.

I got up out of the king-sized bed and searched for my clothes in the dark room. The only light that I used was the light that was shown from the full moon peeking through the window. I refused to turn on the light to see the reflection of a once again used again female that was just to stupid to say anything and correct the situation. As soon as I put on my right stiletto and grabbed my Chanel purse I walked out of the bedroom heading for the door.

“Where are you going I thought that you were sleep?”

“I’m going home. Finish your little conversation I don't want to interrupt anything that you have started.”

“Loyalty why are you tripping all I did was answer the phone. I was coming back to bed”

“I know. All you ever do is just answer the phone. And were you going to go to bed before or after you tell me to leave?”

“Loyal-”

“Naw boo boo you don't have to explain anything to me. I already know the deal. Lamar I been dealing with your bull**** for lets see 6 months I'm tired of it. Tired of late night calls. ******* calling my house and you don't even live there, Tired of all this drama every time I turn around. Tired of you lying and disrespecting me.”

“But-”

“Yeah whatever. Aint got time for you or your excuses aight. I’m gone. You can go on ahead and finish you conversation.”

And with that I left him and his limp **** to find some new *****. I got into my midnight blue Cadillac Escalade and drove home to my 2 bed room condo on the other side of town. Not even 5 minutes after I left his sorry butt he was ringing my cell phone.

“What”

“This aint right you know I care about you”

“Yeah okay”

“Girl you know I love you and-”

CLICK

Oh my god. I know he did not just pull that I love you stunt. I really don't have time for it. I should have been saying that a long time ago. But aye **** happens. For the next 20 minutes he was blowing up my cell phone until I just said forget it and turned it off. I pulled up into my parking space and tiredly walked up the small flight of stairs into my condo. The first thing I did was go straight to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I let it run for about 5 minutes as I took off my clothes. Standing in front of my full-length mirror I took a long look at my self. Trying to find out what always attracted me to no good men like Lamar and many others of my past life time. Staring at my figure I was very attractive. Standing average height of 5’5, that may be short but in my book that's average height, shoulder length sandy brown hair, full lips, slanted hazel eyes, cocoa butter skin completion, full 36 C breasts, size 29 waist and perfectly toned thighs. I have my own house, car and have a job. I don't have 5 and 6 kids all with different daddies running around here. So why can’t I just find somebody that is me worth staying with?

Steam began to fog the mirror as my image began to fade away. I got into to the shower and began to wash all of my memories of tonight away. Rinsing Lamar's smell and loving away from my body I grabbed a towel and headed for my bed so that I could dry off. Sitting on my canopy bed that I had specially made when I was in New York about a year ago. I lotion my body down with this new fragrance that I bought from Victoria Secrets the other day. The phone began to ring. I hope this isn't Lamar cause if it is he better prepare to get his feelings hurt.

“Hello” I said in and aggravated tone.

“**** what the hell done crawled up into yo *** at this time a night, or shall I say what hasn't.” With that remark I knew it couldn't be no one else but Marie.

“Aw my bad girl I thought you was Lamar.”

“Okay and if I was Lamar why would you be answering the phone like that. I thought that was your Boo-Thang.”

“ Yeah well not for now or any other time after this. I had to cut him short.”

“ Ohh really. What happened this time? You caught him with another girl while you were ova there?” She said with a squeaky laugh. She must think that I am playing.

“ Naw I got tired of his drama and his other hoes so I cut him loose. I have been his little fool for the past six months I aint got time for it sorry.”

“ Hold on. You mean to tell me that you let HIM GO!! This time it wasn't the man letting you go.”

“Yep that's what I'm telling you. Anyway why are you calling me at three something in the morning? Shouldn't you be in bed with you fiance’ or whatever you want to call him sleeping so that you can get your lazy butt up for work in the morning?” Looking over at the clock on my mahogany nightstand it read three- twelve a.m. I really need to get off this phone and go to bed. I have two meetings in the next five hours. And Lord knows I hate getting less that seven hours of sleep a night.

“Girl he is in the bed but I been calling you all day and I figured you were with what's his face and you wouldn't be home till later so I decided to call again.”

“Yeah okay. Anyway you know I hate to get up in the morning so I'm going to bed. Call me tomorrow. Love ya.”

“Love ya too. Bye”

Marie that is my girl. I have known her since high school. Sometimes I don't know what I would do with out her. But she can talk you to death. And right about now I need to get my mind straight before I talk to anyone. I grabbed a pair of underwear and got into the bed. Wrapped up in my cover I slowly drifted off to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Waking up to my alarm clock as it played Murphy Lee’s new single “What Da Hook Gone Be.” I began to sing along as I walked to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth.
    But yo, what da hook gon' be (Uh oh!)
    See I don't need no ******* hook on this beat (Shiieet)
    All I need, is the track in the background
    My headphones loud, keep the blunt goin 'round and I'ma rip

Grabbing my toothbrush I noticed that Lamar's was still there. I threw it in the trash and began to brush my teeth. Walking into the kitchen to put on a pot of coffee and getting a bagel my phone rang.

“Hello” I sang into the phone

“Hello may I speak to Lamar?” Said a ghetto fabulous sounding female on the other end of the phone.

“May I ask who is calling”?

“ Dis is Larhonda. Is this his sister Loyalty?” Looking at the phone like what the hell I wanted to go clean off. How in the heck is he going to give my number to another female then LIE and say that I am his sister. I mean how low can a dog go?

“No this is not his sister. But this is Loyalty. As a matter of a fact Lamar doesn't have a sister. So I am very sorry that he gave you the number of his ex-girlfriends home having you call here assuming that this is his so-called sisters house.”

“Hol-up I'm Lamar's girl and he got me callin’ some other *****’s house for him.”

“ No you hold up. Now if you did not catch the first part of the phrase you would have understood that he is my ex. Also you need not to call me out of my name because ***** is one thing I am not. Just because you and him are having problems do not catch an attitude and disrespect me on my phone. Now I told you that Lamar does not live here so there shouldn't be any reason for you to stay on this line or call my number again. Thank you Larhonda.” I said briefly before I hung up the phone in her ear. How is she going to call me a ***** or rephrase me in a term of a ***** when she already knows my name? I haven't done a thing to her. See this is the type of stuff I am tired of dealing with when it comes to no good men. Got some Ghetto fabulous chic calling here like she doesn't have the sense that GOD gave her.

As I hung up I made me a cup of coffee and headed for my room to find something to wear. Taking another shower and flat ironing my hair I put on a cream colored pants suite applied a little lip gloss and headed for work. As I pulled out of my parking space I looked at my cell phone a realized that I had 15 messages 10 of them were from Lamar. Sucking my teeth I listened to the first one from him.

“Baby I'm sorry I know what did was wrong but you know that I only want be with you. And for you I will change. Call me when you get a chance. We really need to talk”

Yeah whatever NEXT.

“Loyalty I'm so sorry about tonight would you please pick up the phone and talk to me. I didn't want you to leave tonight...”

Then I heard some female voice in the background

“Lamar I'm ready I been waiting for you all night long”

Oh hell naw this ***** is tripping. The next 8 messages by him I deleted and blocked his number. The next five where from my mom and Marie. They didn't want anything but for me to call them back. Putting my cell phone down and turning on to Grand Ave. I turned up my radio which was playing Ashanti’s new single Rain On Me. Just as I was about to sing along my car jerked forward and began to spin. Stepping on the breaks to stop me from spinning and crashing into the light pole the car stopped. Sitting in the car in shock I began to breath heavily and shake.

I cant believe that just happened. If I didn't have on my seat belt I would have hit my whole face on the steering wheel. Oh my god. Tears began to run down my face just thinking about what just happened and how lucky I was. Just picturing me actually going through that window had me dazed.

Suddenly someone opened my door breaking my train of thought. Looking up I saw this tall dark skinned man with the prettiest brown eyes looking at me. His lips were moving but I wasn't hearing a **** thing. Him touching me on my shoulder is what brought my back to reality.

“Ma’am are you okay?”

“Umm...yeah I guess.”

“Are you sure?”

“Umm I don't know. What happened?”

“Why don't you step out of the car just to make sure that you are okay and that you can at least walk.” Getting out of the car I realized that I was fine I had no injuries except the fact that I was in total shock.

“Thank you I am fi-” Stopping in mid sentence I looked at the back of my truck it was totally wrecked! The window was broken and the whole back was smashed in.

“What the HELL! What happened? Did you hit me and cause that much damage?”

“Ma’am I'm sorry about this-”

“LOOK AT MY CAR! I hope you have insurance cause I am getting ready to call the police and file a report-” Said grabbing my cell phone.

“Ma’am that wont be necessary”

“And why wont it?” I asked looking at him as if he was completely crazy. He just totaled my entire back how in the hell will calling to cops Not be Necessary. Negro please!

“Because I didn't hit you. It was another car but he sped off as soon as you stopped on the side of the street. After I saw whoever it was speed off and your car on the curb I pulled over just to make sure you were okay.” Looking behind me I saw a two door black Mustang. See that there were no damages what so ever I had no choice but to believe him. Feeling like a complete fool I looked up at him. Stepping on my pride I had to apologize.

“You know what. I am very very sorry for blowing up at you. As I can see it was not you that caused all of this damage it was another fool that wasn't as considerate as you to come and see if the person that they had hit was okay. Thank you very much.” I said with a pitiful smile on my face. I felt like a complete fool.

“It’s okay I really understand where you are coming from and how your reaction was. Because believe me or not if I was you I would have blown up in just the same fashion. And instead of you pouring your guts out to me I think you should call Triple A to come out and tow your car. Because from where I am standing it really is jacked up.”

Smiling at him and realizing that he probably was right. Well at least about me calling triple A. I picked up my cell phone and dialed the number. Talking to this old Italian sounding guy I noticed that Mr. What's-His-Face was staring at me. Looking back at him I noticed that he was very attractive. Looking as if he was in his late 20’s about 27 ,28 towering over me at about 6’3. He also had the prettiest jet black skin I have ever seen with a pearly white smile of perfect white teeth. Oooh and those eyes. Perfectly almond shaped and brown with a touch of gray. Now when I say brown with a touch of gray I don't mean hazel and gray I mean brown and gray. This man was FIONE. I mean he was putting Morris Chestnut in shame! And we all know that Morris is one FIONE brotha! Anyway by the looks of things he has some money. Hold up what I am I doing. Sitting up here thinking about him. This man might be married, he might even be gay. Worst of all he just might be another Lamar. And lord knows I don't need another one if them. I need to just go on ahead and thank him and be on my marry little way. Giving the Italian dude my location I hung up after them telling me that it would take 20 minutes to get there.

“What did they say” he asked me as if he cared for real.

“They will be here in the next 20 minutes.”

“Okay do you mind if I wait here with you until the come. You know just to make sure no one else tries to hit you and run.” He said with that smile again.

“ No its okay you can go to where you were headed before my little accident occurred. I ‘m a big girl I will be okay.”

“ ‘I’m not in a rush . I don't mind waiting.”

“Okay I see that you are very determined to stay just were you are. Do you mind if I ask you your name.”

“Silace Nobles and yours. If you don't mind me asking?” He said returning my question.

“Very nice and different. Don't find to many Silace’s just lying around. Loyalty Chambers.” I said sticking my hand out as if to give a hand shake. Instead he kissed my hand. Most would probably say that was so sweet. But to me that was to oldest trick in the book. I didn't pull away I just let it flow.

“Loyalty, That's very unique. Something I have never heard of. Who gave you such a different name?”

“My father.” I responded not very shocked at his response. It seems as if I get asked that so often that it’s just something that flows. Looking down at my watch I noticed that it was already 9:30 and missed my first meeting. Then looking at my truck it just pissed me off even more just knowing that it was going to take at least a week and a big grip just to get it fixed.

“Excuse me for a second.” I said to Silace as I picked up my cell phone to call me office to tell them I would not be coming in today.

“Chambers and Riley Law firm this is Stacy my I help you?” My secretary picked up the phone on the second ring with he jolly perky voice that just irritated the hell out of me. How could she be so dang on happy everyday?

“Hey Stacy this is Loyalty. I wont be able to make it today. So could you tell Mr. Riley for me. No as a matter of a fact is he in his office or still at the meeting?”

“I don't know if he is in his office at the moment could you hold on a minute so that I can check?”

“Sure.” As she put me on hold I looked over at Silace and caught him staring at me again. Just as he was about to say something someone picked up the phone.

“Loyalty?” Chris said in his thick southern accent. Although he was my partner and lifelong friend and I never looked at him in such a seductive way but he had one of the sexiest voices I have ever heard.

“Yeah its me. I wont be able to make it in today I got into a car accident.”

“You got into a what! Are you okay? What happened?” His voice was filled with so much alarm. I just smiled.

“Naw boo Its okay.” As soon as I said that I looked up and Silace’s eyes were glued on me and not the way the were before. I don't know why but for some reason I felt a little bit uncomfortable at this moment. “Some fool hit me and sped off but if it wasn't for a dear person I had just met I think I would have went crazy.”

“You sure you are okay?”

“Didn’t I just say that I was. Anyway what did I miss important in the meeting?”

“ Its okay they just gave us some of the research on this new case I'll leave it on your desk. I'm just glad that you are okay. Where did you get into the accident at? And as I can hear from the way you are talking didn't any major damage happen to you.”

“ I was turning on to Grand heading for downtown when some fool hit me and sped off. And no there aren't any damages to me but my truck is jacked all the way up. I mean it is going to take a big grip out of my pocket to pay for this.”

“Dang that sounds deep. Well you go on ahead and take to rest of the day off. I think that I can handle a day of you not being here. Oh yeah what dear person was you talking about that help you in you time of need?” Chris asked dipping into something that wasn't his to taste. Looking over at Silace I shook my head.

“Oh no one but a community service person was just making sure that there weren't any dead people at the scene.” I said telling a little white lie that I knew that he could see right through.

“Umm hum whatever you say what's his name?”

“What makes you think that it is a guy?”

“It is a guy isn't it?”

“Yeah and his name is Silace. Now stop being nosy and go do your job I'll see you on Monday.”

“Yeah okay. Be careful.” He said with a snicker and hung up.

“I’m sorry about that I had to call my job and let my partner know that I wouldn't be making it into work today.”

“Its okay I understand. So what do you do?”

“I’m a lawyer at a law firm called Chambers and Riley.”

“Oh so you work in a family business.”

“ Nope I part own it with one of my childhood friends Christopher Riley.”

“Ohh is that so. A business woman with her own Law firm that’s very interesting. I would have never thought that you would own your own business.” He said with astonishment and half relief. I guess he thought now that Chris was not my boyfriend.

“And why is that?”

“Because you look no more that 22.” He said with a smirk.

“Well I can say that if am a lot of things but 22 is not one of them.” I said blushing. Just as I said that the tow truck pulled up. As they loaded my truck on to the other one Silace asked me if I would like a ride over to the garage. I said yes and we were on our way. Sitting in his mustang it felt good letting the spring air blow through my hair. I felt like one of those white girls off the TV shows. Suddenly but surely my mind began to drift off to Lamar. I began to think about the last time we were together and the way he would rub his hands through my hair and then sweetly kiss the nape of my neck on down my back and to many other places that made my body ache more and more for him. Then the thought him doing the same exact thing to another female crossed my mind which made me shiver with anger. Silace then rescued me by breaking my train of thought.

“What are you thinking about? You are awfully quite.” he said as we pulled into the parking lot not even 15 minutes later.

“Oh nothing.” I said with a fake smile trying to hid my anger of my previous thoughts. “ Thank you so much for the ride. Why don't you let me repay you with dinner tonight for everything that you have done for me today. And also as a apology for me blowing up on you earlier.”

“ Well that sounds nice but why don't you let me take you out with pleasure. Just as long as you are there is all that will matter.”

Trying my hardest not to blush I responded." Sure that would be nice. Give me a number that I can reach you at I will call you say around three to set a time.”

“Sounds great.” He wrote his home number, cell, pager, and office number letting me know that no matter what I would be able to reach him. I told him thank you again and headed for the main office of the garage. As I walked away I felt his eyes ripping my clothes away . All that I could do was walk straight ahead smiling like I just got a brand new bike. Although a brand new car would help too. As soon as I walked in I talked to the same Italian guy asking him how long it would take for them to fix my car and how much. After him telling me it would be $1500 to pay for the damage and a week for it to be fixed. I paid for it with my platinum card and called a cab to take me to Rent a Car so that wouldn't be walking for the rest of the week.

As I waited for the cab my mind drifted off to Silace. Surprised as all get out I let my mind take me on a different journey not caring where it ended just as long a memory besides Lamar's controlled my mind I was on cloud nine.

2. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    very nice story love the vibe of it

3. sarcasm4eva

sarcasm4eva Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +17
    i agree w/$$Rich$$. who was the dumba** that hit her?.lol and whats gonna happen b/t loyalty and salice?can u tell i want pt.2.lol. btw, nice character names.much love :)

4. lil'MizzUnique

lil'MizzUnique Active Member MEMBER

high skool student
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you!!! At first I thought no one was really going to feel it.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    felt it the whole thang!!!!
    pt.2 please and know ya worth means a lot
    and hope you consider or decide on membership
    To enjoy the community full features & benefits
    check out what u get as a premium member
    http://www.destee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26882

6. gempis

gempis Well-Known Member MEMBER

strength coach
    Ratings:
    +32
    This is poppin, young sister. I am really into this.