Black People : Tell me if you think is this embarrassing

MoorNegusNegast

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 28, 2005
"Please donate. And send this to anyone you know. The King Center needs $11.6 million in repairs. If 1 million people donated $11, we can make it happen. If you can donate $22 and the King Center will have an endowment to help with its survival. I have donated $22 today.

Remember to send this email to everyone you know.

http://www.thekingcenter.org/tkc/donate.asp "

Now i didnt particulary care about a lot of the thinks MLK did or said, BUT how does the "Black" Christian society let this mans center get to this point?...ESP w/ all these 'black' churches in ATL....Bishop Eddie Long (26,000 members) and Creflo dollar (22,000) members....Where are Cosby and Oprah on this? ...Even though I dont subscribe to any fundamental religion, I think its embarrassing that we let the MLK Center get to this point...from my overstanding they may sell it to the Govt...imagine that! ..this shows the world that 'black' americans are still tools n fools and need the Govt to take care of them/us....

MoorNegusNegast said:
"Please donate. And send this to anyone you know. The King Center needs $11.6 million in repairs. If 1 million people donated $11, we can make it happen. If you can donate $22 and the King Center will have an endowment to help with its survival. I have donated $22 today.

Remember to send this email to everyone you know.

http://www.thekingcenter.org/tkc/donate.asp "

Now i didnt particulary care about a lot of the thinks MLK did or said, BUT how does the "Black" Christian society let this mans center get to this point?...ESP w/ all these 'black' churches in ATL....Bishop Eddie Long (26,000 members) and Creflo dollar (22,000) members....Where are Cosby and Oprah on this? ...Even though I dont subscribe to any fundamental religion, I think its embarrassing that we let the MLK Center get to this point...from my overstanding they may sell it to the Govt...imagine that! ..this shows the world that 'black' americans are still tools n fools and need the Govt to take care of them/us....

Wow, shaking my old black head in shame.... Caint see up fuh lookin' down...

Peace!
Isaiah

MoorNegusNegast said:
"...BUT how does the "Black" Christian society let this mans center get to this point?...ESP w/ all these 'black' churches in ATL....Bishop Eddie Long (26,000 members) and Creflo dollar (22,000) members....

How do "Black" ATR practioners, black muslims, black atheists or
any other black person let this man's center get to this point ???
Why should it only be the responsibility of black Christians and/or churches ???
I'm willing to donate a couple bucks...how bout you ???

Peace ~

what i want to know if we donate this money will the king family keep it up. theres no need to donate if they going to let it rundown again in 30 years. ive been to the center in 96 my senior year and it was pretty decent. ive always wanted to take my kids there but after i heard of the conditions there i declined. to have a father of the magnitude and a legacy like that i could never let it go down. Mrs. king wanted desperately to sell because the repairs was beyond her control. and anotha not that im hating is the children willing to take a pay cut i cant remember which one has a salary of 400,000. this was mention in the AJC. you cant have a salary of that and the center is need of half of that. has the legacy of their father become a business venture maybe the reason oprah and bill cosby hasnt contributed. and the black churches and famous pastors they know the deal. she has been passed now for a week and still no words from the big so called churches. makes you wonder. this just my opinion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back