Black People Politics : Tell Congress: Stop bankrupting the USPS

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    In the Spirit of Sankofa,

... Since the USPS employs predominantly black folk, this is a direct slap in the face... smh:

Tell Congress: Stop bankrupting the USPS

[​IMG]

House Republicans are jumping at the chance to put the U.S. Postal Service on the chopping block. A Bush-era requirement that the USPS pre-fund its retiree benefits 75 years into the future has pushed the agency to the verge of bankruptcy. Please urge Congress to enact postal reform that drops the unfair pre-funding burden, defends postal workers' jobs, and keeps the post office in service to all our communities.

http://act.colorofchange.org/sign/postal_service/?akid=2820.1595845.xyzAX3&rd=1&t=3

Peace In,

2. asmith161718

asmith161718 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +158
    And all of this is happening under President Obama. Along with drones in Africa by Africom, the daily killings in Chicago and other urban areas, giving preferential treatment to gays and illegal immigrants ( both groups take more from the Black community than they give ). 50 years from now history will not be kind to Obama.

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

WoW!:what:

Lighten up some brother, Mr. Obama is in charge, no doubt; but the Republicans have been working on this (destroying the postal service-USPS) for a minute now... At least acknowledge that before bombs away on the President.

Peace In,

4. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    the republicans want to destroy our way of life and go back to some wild west fantasy.
    they are too stupid to realize that there is a REASON we stopped living that way.

5. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    Peace everybody..

when was the last time any of you mailed a letter? the mail has been outmoded in the same way the Telegraph was outmoded by the Telephone.. It's not congress.. it's time and technology. I said in 1998 that this would happen.. and that the post office needed to establish a Government email system that could legally be used for all Certified letters and Notices.. this was back when Email was not considered a formal form of communication.. That would have enabled the post office to continue to be relevant.. and they would hold a few hundred million email accounts today.. and be able to offer services and sell advertising space, etc.. just like they had been doing for decades.. but they never made the play for the Digital space.. and instead gave their slot to Facebook.. and Myspace.. and Google.. and so, now they are obsolete. I can't remember the last time I bought a stamp or received a letter.. The only person in my family that still sends Christmas cards is my Father.. everybody else is on Facebook.. or Email... so I know Hallmark is in bad shape as well.. People need to realize how destructive a set of technologies The Internet really is.. and before any pops their lid "destructive" is not a bad word.. it's a descriptive word.. and the Internet has destroyed several industries.. the Post Office is just one of the many organizations that has had to dramatically reduce it's size in order to adapt to the not so new reality.. and whether or not black people work there really has nothing to do with it.. and it definitely has not a thing to do with Obama.. in my opinion..

It is ironic though that the very medium that has placed the Post Office in it's coffin is being used to rally support to save it.

6. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078

In fact, the Republicans are now looking like the Whig Party of old, lol...

Peace In,

7. Clyde C Coger Jr

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,078
    Folk still mailing letters now, just not as many, lol.

Good points about the Postal Service not diversifying in time, hard to argue against. But the quasi-governmental agency was hard headed, as a retired Union Official of the postal service, I can easily attest to that fact. What's problematic about this, factually, is that a lot of black folk are going to suffer, which will in turn hurt the so-called middle class and the rate of unemployment.

8. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    an hour or so ago…..

9. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043
    like I said.. my father is the only one that still sends cards. Same age.. same name even..

10. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Come on Bro....how you gonna tell crooked people to stop being crooked? Isn't there something in the Bible about that also? Like we gonna somehow make a crooked stick straight...it ain't gonna happen unless we destroy the stick and make a new one.