Black People Politics : Tell Congress: Provide 50 million Africans with electricity for the first time.

Clyde C Coger Jr

PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
www.amazon.com
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
In the Spirit of Sankofa,

Tell Congress: Provide 50 million Africans with electricity for the first time.

map-graphic-rev2e.jpg

The petition reads:

Dear Congress:
Please help electrify Africa by supporting the bill that will provide 50 million people with access to electricity for the first time. This bill will transform people's lives - and keep us on track to end extreme poverty by 2030.

Dear Clyde,

Sometimes electricity can mean the difference between life or death.
I grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, but a lot of my childhood was spent in the family village in Delta State. I never really cared that our house had no power during the day. Nobody's house did. And our back-up generator meant I could still treat myself to tv on special nights.
No electricity never seemed like a big deal. Until my cousin had a car accident.
The first hospital we went to had no power. My cousin was bleeding and he needed immediate surgery. But how do you operate in the dark?
We went from hospital to hospital. Everywhere was pitch black. We finally found a clinic with a functioning generator. But we had to go find diesel fuel to make the generator work.
This is not the only story I can tell. Just weeks ago, a dear friend lost his wife because she had a c-section in the dark.

It's crazy that this is our life. This new bill could mean the difference between life and death for families in Africa. But only if our representatives know we want them to act.
Add your name right now - and we'll deliver it in-person to members of Congress over the coming weeks.

Thanks for using your voice.

Edith Jibunoh
Policy Director, ONE
o.gif

JOIN US. ONE.ORG | PRIVACY | UNSUBSCRIBE

This email was sent by ONE.org to clydecoger@yahoo.com.
Add one-help@list.one.org to your address book to ensure our emails reach your inbox.

Copyright © 2013 ONE, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
ONE Campaign
1400 Eye Street, Suite 600
Washington, DC

A lot of our Drs. (Drs. W/out borders) and other Americans often venture there to help to make life better also. Electricity would be a plus and a big help I'm sure.

Yup!:

South Sudan: 120,000 People Cut Off From Aid

MSF119916-South-Sudan.jpg

South Sudan 2012 © Robin Meldrum/MSF

Villagers displaced by fighting outside Lekwongole in Pibor County.
JUBA, SOUTH SUDAN, JUNE 13, 2013—An estimated 120,000 people have fled fighting in and around the main towns in Pibor County in South Sudan’s Jonglei state and are now hiding in unsafe and malaria-infested swamps without access to safe drinking water, food, or medical care, the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) said today. The government of South Sudan must allow immediate humanitarian assistance to these areas to prevent the deaths of thousands of internally displaced persons.
http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org/press/release.cfm?id=6816&cat=press-release

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back