Black People : Television At It's WORST...All My Baby's Mamas

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Dec 30, 2012.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    SMDH! Rapper Shawty Lo And His 10 Baby Mamas To Star In Oxygen Reality Show

Dec 27, 2012
    ByRuth Manuel-Logan

[​IMG]

Someone at the Oxygen network has truly scrapped the bottom of the barrel for this one!

The cable network has announced the production of a new one-hour special, “All My Babies’ Mamas,” which features the day-to-day drama-filled shenanigans of Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo (pictured), his 10 baby mamas and their army of 11 children, reports TV By the Numbers.

The one-hit wonder rapper and G-Unit member, whose actual name is Carlos Walker, is surrounded by the women he bedded as well as their offspring. The project focuses on how everyone is vying for the attention of the homestead’s head honcho (who, by the way ain’t nothing at all to look at) and anti-birth control poster child.

Each baby mama has an eye-catching title such as the ‘First Lady E’Creia,’ who handles Lo’s finances and who was actually engaged to him at one point after he already had three children. Then there’s Angela, the “Fighter Baby Mama,” Amanda, the “Jealous Baby Mama,” Sujuan, the “Wanna-be Bougie Baby Mama” and Tamara, the “No-Drama Baby Mama.”
    (I know, the names take “ratchet monikers” to another level.)

Lo, 36, also has a 19-year-old girlfriend, Ashlin, who is also featured on the show and who claims to be madly in love with him. The clueless young woman met Lo when he already had 10 children and is actually a year younger than his oldest child. My guess is that she, too, will soon make her shameful announcement of a bun in the oven so that Lo will have an even dozen.

READ MORE: http://newsone.com/2113581/shawty-lo-all-my-babies-mamas-oxygen-reality-show/

13 MIN VIDEO OF SHOW: http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshh91p47sPXVlKu63SB

2. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,448
    I'm hoping this is not seriously gonna show

3. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

why?

4. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    I saw about two minutes of the preview last week, but couldn't stomach it.

Yet it's not that surprising. The man is a millionaire and at least representative of a cultural icon. Really, those women are just related to his demographic.

I doubt I'd enjoy such a program; but for strange reasons there are tons of people who would.

5. MahoganyUnique

MahoganyUnique Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +151
    Once again something considered entertainment, degrading black people. I understand that there are situations like these but subconsciously someone watching may associate this with all black men and women, not just the having that many kids, but in all aspects of the programing. I know a man with 12 kids from home but honestly I know waaaay more Men working, in school, with no kids and that is a fact I choose to hold on to.

6. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585
    A few generations ago raising 12 kids was typical for many of our Ancestors, my grandma included. But multiple kids by 10 or 11 different 'baby mamas' then labeling them accordingly, which is a form of class stratification within a familial group is beyond ridiculous, but each to his own. If Shawty does hit the screen I just won't be watching just as I don't watch any other similar reality tv program, which typically are staged instead if 'keeping it real'.

I mean, what brotha goes by the name 'Shawty' these days anyway?

Shawty on the D Low with 11 baby mommas and 12 crumb snatchers in tow. lol!

Nah. I'll take a pass on that ish!

7. MahoganyUnique

MahoganyUnique Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +151

Me too, it would give me a headache. I can't even sit through the news with all its negativity so I most def can't do a " reality show" , and yes most def a staged one. Lol smdh

8. Omowale Jabali

Omowale Jabali The Cosmic Journeyman PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Creative Industrialist
    Ratings:
    +9,585

You know, after this last POTUS election was done I have not been able to watch an entire newscast. Not even for sports or weather. Trying to cut down on them headaches myself!

The Maury Show is enuff.

9. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +6,148
    If ever there is/was a reason to SAY NO TO MOOKIE, this is it

Now maybe some of you will understand why I say some of the things I do. These are all willing participants. Skankiness at its finest

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    hmmmm ... i probably wouldn't watch it ... nor would i want to be one of the baby's mamas ... but ...

i'm kinda torn a bit ... a little slow to judge and attempt to diminish the young people involved

the world is different ... changing fast ... the norm isn't working for them, or as easily duplicated ... it seems

i think if he's taking care of the babies ... something positive could be said of that ... after digging thru the rest

iono ... god bless 'em all

:heart:

Destee