TEENS AND KNOWLEDGE

SensualReality

REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 26, 2004
Tennessee
Occupation
high school student
Hello,everyone I was speaking at a youth banquet not too long ago and the person that was with me gave the main message.He made a comment about black youth and sports.How they say that basketball is a black mans game and how we look at the white boys that play funny.I don't honestly think that it's any mans sport it's whoeva plays it.Then he said that instead of lookin for sports to keep us out of the streets we need to turn to books.....just sharin' a lil' something you guys tell me what you think ;)

i think...

I feel that any positive and productive outlet that one can be involved in to stay off the streets is good. Sports are some of the popular ways that the youth can stay out of trouble, and it's cheap. It's takes practically nothing to pick up a ball and head to the courts at the playground, or to even make your own court with a milk crate with the bottom cut out. Anyone can do it. More options need to be available to our communities as alternatives to huggin' the block and all there of.

Sports has no color. Jackie Robinson broke that barrier a long time ago. Although certain ethnicities may be better at a certain sport than others. It's about culture. Some cultures have sytematics that nurture some to do better at a particular sport than others.

Mmm

I think u should be a bit realist!The reality here is that the white just let the black community to succeed in sport or in song!They don't really accept u as an intelligent person!They think if they bring a minority of black to be rich n famous this way,the others will see the only way they can be take out of the street.
Nowadays,u see that the intellectual n well paid jobs aren't in the black access!N if one black over 100 can have it,he will not stay so long;they'll always find something for kick him out!
Just have to think about another possibility...books can't be the only issue

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back