Black People : Teen put in jail after being raped

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsInterpret, Oct 6, 2010.

1. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Teen gets 12-month sentence for minor offense - and thug gets probation for raping her
    Michael Daly

[​IMG] [​IMG]

15-year-old Ashley had no inkling of what was to come on the day in 2005 when she was in Manhattan Family Court on a minor charge.

"You want to believe everybody's good, everybody wants to help you," she told me last week.

A hulking juvenile counselor named Tony Simmons led her in handcuffs from the girls holding area to the elevator.

She expected Tyson, as Simmons was called, to bring her up to the courtroom where she was scheduled to be sentenced for filing a false police report.

Instead, the elevator descended to the basement. The 42-year-old counselor pulled down her pants and raped her with calm, practiced precision that made him all the more terrifying.

"He knew exactly what he was doing," Ashley said. "Everything."

When he was done, Simmons pulled her pants back up and the elevator ascended to the courtroom. He raised an extended index finger to his lips in a mute command for her to say nothing.

"I was very scared," Ashley said. "I was terrified. He was a very large man."

Just moments after being violated, Ashley was seated next to her mother and before the judge. She was too shocked and terrified to report the attack.

"I knew I was just raped. I knew it wasn't supposed to happen," she recalled. "I didn't think anybody would believe me."

She kept silent as she was found to be a juvenile delinquent and sentenced to 12 months. She says her only crime was initially reporting to police she did not know who had jumped and cut her on the way to school.

Simmons continued to prey on teenagers in his custody until 2008, when a 15-year-old girl came forward to say he had sodomized her behind a locker in the girls holding area, which he stocked with condoms and cookies. Investigators believe the assaults go back a decade to the rape of a 13-year-old in the holding area.

"Just the tip of the iceberg," Assistant District Attorney Amir Vonsover said in 2008, when Simmons was indicted for three sex assaults.

On Sept. 27, Simmons appeared in court and pleaded guilty to raping Ashley and sexually assaulting two other teens.

He received probation.

READ MORE: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2010/10/03/2010-10-03_raped_by_judge_and_justice_system.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fhome+%28Home%29&utm_content=Google+Reader

2. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560
    People, BEWARE.

THIS MAN is on PROBATION for RAPE.

3. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    Probation isn't enough...

He is supposed to be there as a support system for these youth...He is apart of the problem

4. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

he had been with the DJJ for 16 years.. they protect their own.. operate just
    like a gang.. same as the cops.. one of them steps over the line. .the
    rest of them crowd around him and lead him away to safety. How could a
    serial pedophile rapist that is a danger to the community be given probation?
    Could it be because no one cares for the folks he is accused of raping? How
    could the District Attorney not ask for Bail or remand.. ?? its because they
    don't have to.. this is what they do when nobody is looking.. and thats almost
    always..

5. cherryblossom

cherryblossom Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,560

Cases like this one are also what Al Sharpton should be protesting and giving national attention to.

If this had been a Black victim and a White rapist, Al woulda been all ova it!

6. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    this sorry sack of carbon is a demon...
    and the judicial system remains a joke....

one love
    khasm