Science and Technology : teen girl arrested, charged with FELONY for science project

I have a thought. There should be some manner of support for her. I think maybe a letter or e-mail campaign where people write to her and let her know she has such support, offer words of encouragement and let her know the world will not end and sometimes the system is wrong. When these things happen it helps the spirit to know that people are out there who are on ones side. I think we should let this young Sistah know that and keep her spirits going towards a positive goal like science.

Umar H. Soaries
overexposedinc(dot)com

student-expelled-science-project.jpg

Florida teen Kiera Wilmot was arrested and charged with a felony after mixing household chemicals in a small water bottle, resulting in the cap popping off the bottle and producing smoke.

The 16-year-old attempted the experiment outdoors before school at Bartow High School. No property was damaged and no one was injured in the incident.

Wilmot was arrested and charged with possession/discharge of a weapon on school property and discharging a destructive device, reportsWTSP.
“She is a good kid,” the school’s principal Ron Richard told WTSP. “She has never been in trouble before. Ever.”
Schoolmates called this a “science project gone bad.”
After her arrest, Wilmot was expelled from school.

http://thegrio.com/2013/05/01/teen-...ith-felony-for-science-fair-project-gone-bad/

The principal says she's a good kid, never been in trouble before..... so who expelled her?

http://www.change.org/petitions/the...chool-drop-charges-against-kiera-wilmot#share

This is the Prinicpal’s (Ronald Pritchard’s) Email:ronald.pritchard@polk-fl.net

This is the Polk County School Disctrict’s Superintendant (Dr. John A. Stewart) Email: [EMAIL='john.stewart@polk-fl.net[/quote']john.stewart@polk-fl.net[/EMAIL]

Another note of interest (from the petition.... which, btw, I signed and thanks for alerting me to it):

The principal has said that that he doesn't believe she had any malicious intentions. Yet she is still being charged as an adult for a felony.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back