Black People Politics : Ted Nugent Booted From Army Concert

Discussion in 'Black People Politics' started by Clyde C Coger Jr, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079
  2. MimiBelle

MimiBelle Well-Known Member MEMBER

RN-BSN
    Ratings:
    +426
    As well he should've been....

'Bureacrats'?
    Pfft.

...just b/c the military generally leans towards the 'right' doesn't mean that it (any branch) is going to allow anyone to sh..t on the POTUS.
    'The military' respects it's civilian leadership, military members will usually keep it mum in uniform and work... and military leadership will always stand behind 'the President' (so to speak and within reason).
    ...just like they stood behind Bush (way wayyyyyyy back, mind you...but 'behind' him, regardless. *laugh*).

I'm a conservative. A Libertarian, in fact...the best kind! *laugh*
    I'm on 'no one's' team, however. I'm about as likely to complain about Republicans as I am the Dems...and I see the good and bad of every presidency. Every Dem isn't a saint and every Repub isn't a demon.
    Bush didn't do everything wrong. Obama doesn't do everything right. Yada, yada, yada.
    *shrug*

However, Bush got on my nerves...more often than not. *laugh*
    I'll discuss my issues, but there's a line that you don't cross. There's a place that you just don't venture off in.
    Now -- this doesn't mean that you can't disagree. No, you can criticize and... you don't have to like the policies. You don't even have to like the president -- but you will RESPECT 'the office'.
    The 'station' - the 'rank' - of the individual.
    Period.

THAT...is how 'the military' operates.
    I don't know whether he's a vet or prior svc or what(b/c most of these old musicians tend to be), but Mr. Nugent's is acting really 'brand new', right about now.
    ...in that -- he's clearly mistaken military service members for a bunch of doped up hippie burn-outs who actually fight AGAINST 'the establishment'...
    *smirk*

I mean, really....
    Isn't that, like... 'Basic Military Culture: 101'?
    *laugh*

ANYWAY --

I was stationed at Macdill AFB. No one could stand Bush...and everytime he visited? People in my dept refused to attend. Myself, included. The folks who did cast votes for Bush in 2004 only did so b/c Kerry was such a subpar candidate.
    Me? I voted 3rd Party.
    No, none could stand Bush...but no one ever said such things about Bush, either. They called him 'stupid' and.
    No one ever talked about killing him.
    The irony of it all? The country fell apart on HIS watch. With the help of his policies. Partially, at least.

No, he wasn't the only Prez that contributed to this current economic mess. The Fed Reserve *bleeped* up with it's mindless tinkering...and much of his disastrous policies occured because the Democrat-led congress was/IS just plain weak and ineffectual. It's as if they didn't realize that it's their job to police exec power....

...but Bush DID govern like a liberal, increasing it's size. He did major damage to foreign relations in his unilateral talks with this 'cowboy' attitude.
    He did move to dereg the economy industry which, along with the tax cuts, completely sapped up the budget surplus - a 3-year surplus...GONE --the end result of careful fiscal planning and discipline on the part of the Clinton admin.
    ...and CHENEY did conspire to spark an energy crisis in California. Enron (an ENERGY TRADING COMPANY...that went under due to shady acctg practices) had their hands in it.

...but none were out brandishing rifles and talking about 'watering the tree of liberty' when that busy little bee was pushing the country into costly foreign engagements or overstepping our civil liberties (wire-tapping, ethnic profiling of muslim-american innocents and various other aspects of the Patriot Act) or when the Great Decider repeatedly tried to overstep the limits of his constitutionals power.
    I'm specifically referencing the bullying ways in which he dealt with Congress (the military and Americans)... as well as the crony-ism going on in his cabinet...as well as his misuse of line-item vetos...which gave him the right to not enforce or outright ignore laws.
    To name a few....

No, those idiots were cheering him on and practically beating the war drums.

It's just strange and a real shame....

3. Clyde C Coger Jr

Clyde C Coger Jr going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Speaker/Teacher/Author
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +12,079

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Wassup Mimibelle, how you? Thanks for stopping by and dropping the real deal. Its always a pleasure to read your remarks. Military huh, no wonder, lol...

Peace In,