Science and Technology : Technology, Computers

ghostdog

REGISTERED MEMBER
Nov 5, 2001
Hayward, CA
Occupation
Retired
Attention People, if your computer is more than two years old, it's time to upgrade all of your drivers: video's, scanners, printers, modems, audio's, and any other peripherals or components you have connected or installed to your computer. Just go to the website of the manufacture of your components and download their latest driver for your particular component. I've just finished upgrading all of my drivers and believe me my system runs a great deal faster and smoother. It took me a few days to get them all, except I'm still working on my scanner driver. However, my new video driver gives me more colors for my monitor; my new printer driver prints pages faster; my new driver for my zip drive accesses faster; but I'm still trying to locate a driver for my sound card. Just wanted to inform you of how to optimize your system.

Hello GhostDog ... thanks for the tip. I tend to want new, rather than upgrade old ... but there's often a gap between want and ability sooooooo ... I'll be upgrading! :)

Thanks a bunch.

:heart:

Destee

Hello Destee,
You may want to reconsider about upgrading and I'll tell you why. If your computer is less than three years old, you're in good shape as far as running the latest software that's on the market right now, besides most new software is nothing more than upgrades anyway which is loaded with a bunch of junk that you'll never use. Hardware has really surpassed the software that's needed to be able to utilize all the speed and power, and bells and whistles which these new computers are being built. The only new Operationg System out is Windows XP and I don't know too many people who would want to upgrade to that one. But on the horizon is "Linix" and it's coming on strong. And it'll run on a "486" chip, think about that. It will make all those older computers come back to life.

Hello $$RICH$$,
With a two year old system, in my opinion, the upgrade I would recommend is to upgrade your device drivers and that should easily handle all the latest software even the new games that are on the market if that also is your agenda. And drivers are a free download from the vendors of the peripherals that are installed or attached to your system.
:toast:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back