Support : Tech experts Should Volunteer their Security Knowledge for the Benenfit of this Site

Discussion in 'Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions' started by Ankhur, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Ankhur

Ankhur Well-Known Member MEMBER

owner of various real estate concerns
    Ratings:
    +3,014
    A suggestion to all senior members here who have expertise in security and hacking prevention, hopefully you can volunteer your services and know how to protect Destee.com from what is going on!

2. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    Thank You Brother Ankhur ... that's sweet of you ... but qualified tech and security support costs money.

Even if Sisters and Brothers volunteer their expertise, that's not fair, working them for free.

If those that enjoy and use this community financially supported it consistently ... we could pay our people.

I'm jes' say'n.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

3. Dre Money

Dre Money Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +143
    I could not get into this site for months. Ya'll Facebook Connect is broken. I had to reset my password. Then when I reset it, it sent the password to my spam folder. This means your email server has been flagged as spam by google and other email services. You will have to peep this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dealing-with-spam-filters.8530/

and this: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/setting-up-google-as-smtp-server-for-your-xenforo.6180/

That's what I'm gonna do for my own site soon.

Anyway, I'll be your tech support and got your back in anything and everything you need xenforo-wise.

4. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,680
    You're so Sweet and Wonderful !!! ... the Creator gave us a great blessing when you were sent our way!!!

Many Members have been complaining about stuff not working right ... and i need to upgrade ... i know it ... but i been krazee ... :eeek:

It's high on my list of things to do ... i'd feel terrible asking you to do anything ... and i've not done what i know needs doing.

Let me get us upgraded and stuff ... within the next 7 days ... and i'll be in touch with you !!! ... :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY USSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ... Thank You Brother Dre Money! ... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

5. Dre Money

Dre Money Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +143
    Your forum will still work even after you upgrade. It won't take away your customizations. After you upgrade, all you gotta do is click on outdated templates and it will tell you which templates you have to revert but before you revert them, try clicking on customized templates link and it will show you your custom edits. In that case you'd have to copy-n-paste an old customized template to notepad, revert the template, then apply your edits.

So in other words, go head upgrade. That's the easy part.

'Re-applying template edits' that's the manual labor part that you can do later when you have the time.