Health and Wellness : Tech addiction is real. We psychologists need to take it seriously

Clyde C Coger Jr

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Nov 17, 2006
Occupation
Speaker/Teacher/Author
:great: but :sad: that's e'er body :facepalm: living in a digital world

Tech addiction is real. We psychologists need to take it seriously

The average adult in the United States spends more than 11 hours a day in the digital world, according to research by the Nielsen Company. When people invest this kind of time in any activity, we must at least start to ask what it means for their mental health...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin..._term=.801db649d78a&wpisrc=nl_opinions&wpmm=1
By Doreen Dodgen-Magee
https://www.washingtonpost.com/resi...aws.com/public/OAS3VXCJWII6TDH4FROQTGOCDY.jpg
The average U.S. adult spends more than 10 hours a day in the digital world. (Karen Bleier/AFP/Getty Images)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Queenie Science and Technology : 10 Tech trends that will impact social justice in 2018 Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : How Twitter lost the Internet War: “Just an ***-Backward Tech Company” Science and Technology 4
Liberty Black People : This Week in Tech Racism Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Africa : Africa builds expertise in science, tech, engineering, math All Things Africa 6
Liberty Science and Technology : Increasing African-American inclusion in tech Science and Technology 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : AP Poll: No lag on tech use by black, Hispanic millennials Science and Technology 1
$$RICH$$ Science and Technology : The MENA Tech's (Cicret Bracelet) Science and Technology 1
I Science and Technology : best current web tech Science and Technology 1
Kemetstry Science and Technology : EVEN WITH DEGREES, MINORITIES DONT GET HIRED IN HI-TECH Science and Technology 18
shaka64 Black People : Texas Tech DB punches Women's Basketball player Black People Open Forum 230
Clyde C Coger Jr Science and Technology : Why Conservatives Might Be Left Out of the Next Wave of Tech Science and Technology 0
RAPTOR Black People : "Collect It All": Glenn Greenwald on NSA Bugging Tech Hardware, Economic Espionage & Spying on U.N. Black People Open Forum 0
MsVeraisblessed Black Entertainment : Tech N9ne - Mama Nem Black Entertainment 0
Kemetstry Science and Technology : NEW TECH IN AFRICA Science and Technology 3
dunwiddat Kenya : High tech in Kenya Kenya 0
dunwiddat Kenya : High tech in Kenya Kenya 0
anAfrican Science and Technology : That would have been fun growning up! - Nonprofit Lets Students Flex Tech Muscles Science and Technology 2
Keita Kenyatta Science and Technology : Today In Tech Silence Gun: Strange Weapon Of The Future Immediately Quiets You, Whether You Like It Science and Technology 1
Ankhur Support : Tech experts Should Volunteer their Security Knowledge for the Benenfit of this Site Tech Support - Questions - Suggestions 4
Amnat77 Black People : Sci/Tech 'First Americans were Australian' Black People Open Forum 12
R Science and Technology : tech of color dreams Science and Technology 0
Zulile Black Women : Black women embrace tech gadgets Black Women 5
K Black People : Tech question Black People Open Forum 4
Destee Black People : New Tech Support Department! Black People Open Forum 1
abdurratln Black People : Condolences for the Virginia Tech Tragedy Black People Open Forum 0
R Black Poetry : THUNDER AT VIRGINIA TECH #1 Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
4 Black People : 21 KILLED AT VIRGINIA TECH!! Black People Open Forum 37
anAfrican Ghana : Ghana; Tech: ICT Awards To Be Held In May Ghana 0
1 Science and Technology : For the more tech minded... Science and Technology 1
A Black People : America's High-Tech "Invisible Man" Black People Open Forum 3
Isaiah Black Sports : KEVIN GARNETT GOES HIGH TECH... Black Sports 2
anAfrican Science and Technology : Who Wants a Tech Class Science and Technology 12
anAfrican Science and Technology : Destee Family Tech Talks Science and Technology 1
anAfrican Science and Technology : Poll: Need a Tech Baseline Science and Technology 1
anAfrican Black People : Personal Tech Forum? Black People Open Forum 1
anAfrican Science and Technology : What's your tech? Science and Technology 4
A Destee Network : America's Hi-Tech "Invisible Man"... Destee Network : 1
I Destee Network : Tech 101: 3 Browsers that work better than IE or Netscape Destee Network : 1
S Science and Technology : Just in need of a touch of tech. help... Science and Technology 1
IFE Black People : Opioid Vs. Crack Addiction: A Racial Double Standard? Black People Open Forum 2
Bishop Black Poetry : My Addiction Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
SouthsideIrish Black People : Internet Addiction - How Much Is Too Much? Black People Open Forum 32
NittyGrit Black Poetry : Silver Addiction Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
G Science and Technology : Are You Addicted to the Internet? Physical Symptoms of Internet Addiction Science and Technology 3
Chief Elder Osiris Chief Elder Osiris : Old Habits Can Develop Into Unbreakeable Addiction Chief Elder Osiris 0
$$RICH$$ Black Poetry : ADDICTION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
D Black Poetry : MY Addiction Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 7
D Black Poetry : My addiction Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 11
PoeticManifesta Black Poetry : Im your crack addiction: An Ode 2 my Pookie Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 9
A Black Poetry : CURE FOR CRACK ADDICTION Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 21