Black People : TEARING DOWN A BROTHER GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaiah

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jun 8, 2004
AFFAIR ALLEGATIONS SURROUND MLK IN NEW TELL-ALL: Noted civil rights author Taylor Branch offers details in latest book.
January 5, 2006

*In his new book “At Canaan's Edge: America in the King Years, 1965-1968,” author Taylor Branch says that civil rights legend Martin Luther King Jr. confessed an affair to his wife, Coretta Scott King, as she was recovering from a hysterectomy in 1968.

"He disclosed to her the one mistress who meant most to him since 1963, a married alumna of Fisk [University], of dignified bearing like Coretta, but different," writes Branch in the new book, excerpted in this week’s Time magazine.

Branch says King’s transgression stemmed from his depression over the movement’s direction and constant premonitions of his own murder.

The alleged affair is one of several revelations outlined in the book by Branch, author of “Parting the Waters” and “Pillar of Fire.” “At Canaan’s Edge” is the final book in the trilogy of King works from the author

http://www.eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=24206

PEACE!
ISAIAH

They can't really tear down his legacy - most of this stuff is well known already.

King's mastery of the language was his biggest strength (IHMO) - not his personal moral fortitude. I haven't ever heard any brother more dynamic on that level...not just "I have a dream" - check out MLK on interviews and press conferences- the brother had unbelievable ability to be eloquent, thorough, persuasive but still concise.

You can't have a leader of that stature today unless he's squeaky clean....media machine would dismantle anybody with skeletons.

I totally agree with Kemetkind King build a legacy and what is said
is known i don't think anything can break down what he done or built
through his legacy.

MLK was a man a human being like any other leader nothing is PURE !

CAUTION

I encourage everyone that contributes to this thread from this point forward, to do so with the community rules in mind. Please, do NOT argue, call names other than the ones that people answer to. No insults or personal attacks will be allowed.

Discuss the issue and do not attack the person.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Queenie :spinstar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back