Black People : TEARING DOWN A BROTHER GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Isaiah, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    AFFAIR ALLEGATIONS SURROUND MLK IN NEW TELL-ALL: Noted civil rights author Taylor Branch offers details in latest book.
    January 5, 2006

*In his new book “At Canaan's Edge: America in the King Years, 1965-1968,” author Taylor Branch says that civil rights legend Martin Luther King Jr. confessed an affair to his wife, Coretta Scott King, as she was recovering from a hysterectomy in 1968.

"He disclosed to her the one mistress who meant most to him since 1963, a married alumna of Fisk [University], of dignified bearing like Coretta, but different," writes Branch in the new book, excerpted in this week’s Time magazine.

Branch says King’s transgression stemmed from his depression over the movement’s direction and constant premonitions of his own murder.

The alleged affair is one of several revelations outlined in the book by Branch, author of “Parting the Waters” and “Pillar of Fire.” “At Canaan’s Edge” is the final book in the trilogy of King works from the author

http://www.eurweb.com/story.cfm?id=24206

PEACE!
    ISAIAH

2. kemetkind

kemetkind Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +61
    They can't really tear down his legacy - most of this stuff is well known already.

King's mastery of the language was his biggest strength (IHMO) - not his personal moral fortitude. I haven't ever heard any brother more dynamic on that level...not just "I have a dream" - check out MLK on interviews and press conferences- the brother had unbelievable ability to be eloquent, thorough, persuasive but still concise.

You can't have a leader of that stature today unless he's squeaky clean....media machine would dismantle anybody with skeletons.

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    I totally agree with Kemetkind King build a legacy and what is said
    is known i don't think anything can break down what he done or built
    through his legacy.

MLK was a man a human being like any other leader nothing is PURE !

4. pfa1451usa

pfa1451usa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1
    I would thing, tearing down a brother begins here...

"Yeah, fool, I'm crying to keep from LAUGHING at'cha, wit'cha little juniorhighschool dropout, nochildleftbehind diploma from nofrillsU...LOL! Sorry, bruh, looks like the school cheated ya(smile!)

Peace!
    Isaiah"

...then again, as always, perhaps I am wrong...

5. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    CAUTION

I encourage everyone that contributes to this thread from this point forward, to do so with the community rules in mind. Please, do NOT argue, call names other than the ones that people answer to. No insults or personal attacks will be allowed.

Discuss the issue and do not attack the person.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Queenie :spinstar:

6. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I agree Rich

7. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    Thank goodness girl,
    Man I thought you were gonna say we can't cuss!:coffee: (joking)
    Does this go for all languages?:coffee:
    Hey queen:coffee:

8. NNQueen

NNQueen going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    [email protected] Heart....I like you young warrior! :) Help me keep a watchful eye on the discussion so that it doesn't go down the toilet with a big flush, okay? :explode:

Queenie :spinstar:

9. Isaiah

Isaiah Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +62
    Brother, here you go again, taking a quote from yet another thread, and completely distorting the context... Love it, brother, but you got some MAJOR contradictions to deal with yourself, don'tcha???

For example, you run around talking about how African women and Men are having babies out of wedlock, and then you stand in support of a NEGRO who talks about the only USE he has for an African woman is a one night stand, to bang, and throw 'em out da do' when he done.... Now, you are running around, attempting to point out my contradictions, beloved, but this boy tore himself down with those comments... He is not a child... He is not a "youth." He is a 27 year old man, and I see no reason to enable him as you do...In fact, I am calling him to task for the very things YOU rail against...

Was it not you who said I should take peace out of my signature??? Well, I will gladly you do that if you will go back and delete ALL of your most contradictory and hypocritical posts... And stop quoting me outside of the context of what I have written... You got something to say to me, be a man, and say it to me within the confines of the post I wrote it in... Don't be afraid to step up to the challenge of an honest debate, brother - or is that kind of cowardliness something you've learned from your consorts???

Peace!
    Isaiah

10. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,735
    i would imagine it is a lot easier to say stuff about a dead man than it is to organize your own group and go out and affect positive change........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.