Black Parenting : Teaching Self-Defense to Our Kids

If your child gets into a fight and is hit what option would you teach them?

• Walk away

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fight back

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If you're child is in a fight, and the aggressor hits your child, do you tell them to get up and walk away, or do you tell them to fight back?

peace

I've taught mines since he was about 4 years old and even had him in a martial art's class for a while when he was 6 or 7. I taught him to walk away, if at all possible. I'm sure his other martial art's teacher did also. But, if they put their hands on you, you have to defend yourself until the person (s) stops wanting to fight you. Because if you don't, Everyone else is going to want to take a shot at you until you finally snap and really hurt somebody.

Knowing that he's just like me really made it that much easier to teach him....

I tell people all the time to enroll their kids, especially girls into a martial art school. Especially, if they are starting to talk back and develope attitude problems. The martial art's class will knock all of that out of them real quick....It worked for me. :)

I agree...walk away before it escalates...but I told my daughter if someone puts hands on you, you better fight back.
I remember back in middle school I wasn't really much of a fighter back then, and I did the whole walking away thing and got jumped by these girls...So sometimes even walking away doesn't work...cause some bullies will end up following you and if you tell on them, it can get worse.

But I think that's a good idea for putting your child is a self-defense program, it also teaches them self-discipline.

Exactly!

Back in the day i really needed some self-discipline badly. I wasn't walking around looking for fight's or anything, but my attitude needed to be checked and martial art's did that quick fast and in a hurry....lol

My son didn't have an attitude problem, so that's not why i put him in school. I just wanted him to be prepared for anything that might come his way.

I've gotten jumped before by a drug dealer i had just knocked out, like 30 minutes prior on his block and walked away without a scratch and the one's doing the jumping walking away....

I need to put my daughter in martial arts program..she's told me she's wanted to, but I think she thinks she's going to learn how to be the Avatar the Last Air Bender or something LOL

But I don't know if she has it in her to fight back or let alone win a fight, cause she's 100% girlie girl, however she does have this stuck up and bossy air about her which I know might piss people off later on....But overall I just hope she doesn't get into one at all if she can help it.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back