Black Education / Schools : Teaching Our Own Children

Would you create your own curriculum and teach your own children?

• Total voters

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
RET: EMS & TPD
What about China? Should we be concerned about them and what they are doing in Africa?

Historically NNQ one would say, of course I care for that's where my roots are. After a while one tires of the reality of natural resource rich but morally bankrupt African heads of state serving the continent (Where life started) up to rape of it's natural resources then the UN says let us handle Africa, after all Kofi Annan was General Secretary. Before, then and now long after nothing has changed for the better thanks to Monsanto and others of that global corporate ilk. After China planted their unofficial flag in Panama after the 100 year lease fiasco they set their sights of benevolent colonization on Sub Saharan Africa. This was well planned in advance and as the saying goes, when more then one person knows a secret, it's no longer a secret and all the natural resource rich African countries were warned well in advance of their impending fate with documented proof if they invited the vampire into their house. They laughed at us, they derided us, they mocked us, they spun tales of Chinese built supercities, continental drought eradication projects, communicable disease eradication medical super-drugs and ancient Chinese treatment regimens, power and transportation infrastructures, massive no tuition cutting edge high tech universities for the indigenous population to learn how to self sustain with these hundred billion dollar projects. Sad how history always has a way of repeating itself when it comes to our Motherland. Board of Tourism says come to Africa and enjoy our paradise. Chamber of Commerce say come to Africa and bring your corporate carving knife. Shame.

Oni Bey

Sep 18, 2018
Historically NNQ one would say, of course I care for that's where my roots are. After a while one tires of the reality of natural resource rich but morally bankrupt African heads of state serving the continent (Where life started) up to rape of it's natural resources then the UN says let us handle Africa, after all Kofi Annan was General Secretary. Before, then and now long after nothing has changed for the better thanks to Monsanto and others of that global corporate ilk. After China planted their unofficial flag in Panama after the 100 year lease fiasco they set their sights of benevolent colonization on Sub Saharan Africa. This was well planned in advance and as the saying goes, when more then one person knows a secret, it's no longer a secret and all the natural resource rich African countries were warned well in advance of their impending fate with documented proof if they invited the vampire into their house. They laughed at us, they derided us, they mocked us, they spun tales of Chinese built supercities, continental drought eradication projects, communicable disease eradication medical super-drugs and ancient Chinese treatment regimens, power and transportation infrastructures, massive no tuition cutting edge high tech universities for the indigenous population to learn how to self sustain with these hundred billion dollar projects. Sad how history always has a way of repeating itself when it comes to our Motherland. Board of Tourism says come to Africa and enjoy our paradise. Chamber of Commerce say come to Africa and bring your corporate carving knife. Shame.
What will we teach our children, so that they can avoid these problems in future generations?

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
Since this issue is historically geopolitical in nature and involves the UN, greedy unconscionable first world governments and currency worshiping Fortune 100 conglomerates in both Hemispheres raking in at least hundreds of billions of dollars annually on the backs of second and third world natural resource abundant countries totally controlled by violent warlords and corrupt government leaders. So you must ask yourself just what could we Black American parents possibly teach "our" children to do anything about that? If you meant here in America, again what could we possibly teach them here that hasn't already been taught, tested and failed time and time again? Even with a Black Head of state presiding over America for 8 years we as a race fared not as much better then we had hoped. Can't avoid what you can't control.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
Black people all over the world need to ask themselves and acknowledge their true answer, what's most important to them and are they willing to die to get it or keep it. Is money and things that money can buy the most important thing; is the preservation of our culture (social and spiritual) and the land that produces an abundance of resources that sustain us more important than money? When we look in the mirror and at each other, do we like what we see or would we rather look like the people that are sucking the life out of us? As a people, what does "love" mean, do we feel it and who do we feel it for? Why do we talk so much about controlling ourselves, preserving our culture and the nature of who we used to be but never collectively fighting for those things? The enemy is arming our people who become our enemy due to greed and power. It's important to teach our children the truth about the African Diaspora. But maybe it's also important to teach it in such a way that it's more than just a history lesson, but a "call to arms" so to speak, to be actively engaged in fighting to survive and thrive in every nation that we find ourselves in. There is no single lesson about Africans, there are many. But we have to learn who we are and from whence we came and take charge of our destiny to be who we want to be and go where we want to go.

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation
Black people all over the world need to ask themselves and acknowledge their true answer, what's most important to them and are they willing to die to get it or keep it. Is money and things that money can buy the most important thing; is the preservation of our culture (social and spiritual) and the land that produces an abundance of resources that sustain us more important than money? When we look in the mirror and at each other, do we like what we see or would we rather look like the people that are sucking the life out of us? As a people, what does "love" mean, do we feel it and who do we feel it for? Why do we talk so much about controlling ourselves, preserving our culture and the nature of who we used to be but never collectively fighting for those things? The enemy is arming our people who become our enemy due to greed and power. It's important to teach our children the truth about the African Diaspora. But maybe it's also important to teach it in such a way that it's more than just a history lesson, but a "call to arms" so to speak, to be actively engaged in fighting to survive and thrive in every nation that we find ourselves in. There is no single lesson about Africans, there are many. But we have to learn who we are and from whence we came and take charge of our destiny to be who we want to be and go where we want to go.
NNQ you just threw that dart right betwixt the bullseye of life as we know it today. I do wish I was wrong but I see an atmosphere of poisonous oppression spreading among not only America but the entire Western Hemisphere. Again I wish I was wrong but it seemed a skewed government mindset reared it's ugly head and rewrote "The Constitution and The Bill of Rights" shortly after 9/11 and our rights have been surgically peeled away from us and now more so "The Other Man" which is why the globe is wobbling, for 4 lifetimes we have endured the worst humanity has literally buried us alive with, now the stench and taste of the raw sewage of complete domination and utter relentless abomination fills their nostrils and chokes their hopes, dreams and aspirations and they don't like it. Humanity as a whole seems so lethargic we are just going through the motions of existence waiting for the other dreaded shoe to fall. That's not good. Now more then ever we need GOD in our lives before there will be just one set of footprints in the sand. Thanks for reading and GOD bless us all.

NNQueen

going above and beyond
PREMIUM MEMBER
Feb 9, 2001
What will we teach our children, so that they can avoid these problems in future generations?
Oni, do you have children or are you a guardian of Black children? If so, what are you teaching them? Knowledge is power but only if you use it to get things done. Do you agree?

Symbol of America

Oct 1, 2017
East America
Occupation

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Here is a bit of History/Economics/Politics better than Souls of Black Folks:

The Color of Law: A Forgotten History of How Our Government Segregated America
https://www.epi.org/publication/the-color-of-law-a-forgotten-history-of-how-our-government-segregated-america/
This should be part of every public school curriculum right along side of manifest destiny, reconstruction and Jim Crow.
That way when high school civics is taught and coming to the chapter that covers white privilege maybe the students will have a handle on how it has happened and why it exists and what can be done to change it.

ogoun

Jun 14, 2018
Can't say why I feel the want to say anything in this thread except that learning is such an important aspect of growing and life in general.
The act of teaching a 'Centeric' anything I think is wrong. Teaching truth is what matters. And when we think about teaching our children a Black centered curriculum it seems likely to me it risks becoming just the flip side of the white washed Euro-centeric BS most of us grew up with; it's kinda true but in the end adds up to fairy tale lies feeding myths that grow into a false truth that hardly anyone dare question. Yes it is truth our part in the human saga has been largely buried and at times tried to be erased completely but we shouldn't fall into the same hole the white has dug for himself.

I'll rant about the institutional crime that we call the public school system at another time.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Latest profile posts

Feeling good today fam...just been reading a couple of books. I think Dennis Kimbro's "Daily Motivations for African American Success" is one of the best motivational books on the market. This book has motivation for each day of the year on each page and all of these relate to your own Blackness. No matter what you're experiencing there's something in that book you could draw from. ✊
Life is a poem, love is the pen.
Charles Thompson wrote on Enki's profile.
Good evening
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love: