Black Education / Schools : Teaching Our Own Children

Would you create your own curriculum and teach your own children?

• Total voters

Oni Bey

Sep 18, 2018

What is your child actually learning?

Who designed their curriculum? Did you know that children of color taught in a culture focused environment have a better sense of purpose and succeed more in the classroom? Children are first visual learners. This is why we need that representation in the classroom. I believe in a student-centered but African inspired curriculum. Our teachers matter to me, our methods and curriculum were created with us in mind.

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
I do not know if I would go so far as to call it a curriculum but I would definitely promote a suggested reading list and monitor what was being read. The Euro-centric curriculum definitely promotes a distorted perspective of reality.

umbrarchist

Jun 13, 2007
The way I think of history is people with technology robbing people without technology for the lats 500 years. So I would emphasize science and tech rather than think in terms of a curriculum.

Black Man's Burden, by Dallas McCord Reynolds
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/32390/32390-h/32390-h.htm

Border, Breed Nor Birth, by Dallas McCord Reynolds
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/30639/30639-h/30639-h.htm

Those stories are about Black Americans in Africa. I find it curious that people into Afrofuturism ignore them because they were written by a White man. But they are more realistically futuristic than most genuine Afrofuturism I have seen. Talking about Black Power without dealing with science and technology is nonsense. Isn't education about getting kids ready for the future.

Now we have to deal with what the Eurocene is going to do to Africa.

Oni Bey

Sep 18, 2018
Does anyone have access to an authentic African curriculum that we can look at? And, does the educational system differ from country to country in Africa or is there an universal curriculum?
Check out the ebook "Your Guide To Creating Your Own Curriculum : (African Centered Education)" on Amazon.

I am also interested in the universal curriculum question.

Consciousness Raising Online!

Allow the N Word - yes or no?

• yes

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • no

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • not sure

Votes: 6 42.9%

Latest profile posts

"And I'm feeling good."-Nina Simone
Destee wrote on Angela22's profile.
Hi Sweetie Pie Honey Bunch!!!! ... :dance4: ... Welcome Home! So good to have your sweet Spirit in the house! ... YAAAAAAY USSSSS! ... :yaay: :yaay: :swings: ... :heart:
Angela22 wrote on Enki's profile.
I hope all is well with you. Much love.:love:
Destee wrote on Charles Thompson's profile.
Hi Chuck ... is that you?!!! ... YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!! ... :yaay: ... I sure hope so! I have thought of you often! If it is not you, sorry for writing on your profile page @Charles Thompson and Welcome! ... :wave:
Destee wrote on MANASIAC's profile.
WooooHoooo!!! ... :yaay: :yaay: :yaay: .... Welcome Home! ... :wave: ... :heart: