Science and Technology : Teaching Children Cyber-Warfare?

Is a Hacker the same thing as a Cracker?

• No, hackers are the bad ones

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, ******** are the bad ones

• Skript kiddiez anyone?

• I'll have my Cracker with some cheeese... ******** like Cheese.

• Total voters

ceebee

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 23, 2015
Random thought. When I was a teenager I knew bunches of kids who understood enough about computers to hack them and subsequently secure them.

The thing is now I understand that propaganda is essentially psychological warfare, and have been thinking that it would be interesting to get kids into groups that go around and ... well, infiltrate racist message boards, collecting information, trying to discover identities, connect to organizations/corporations... etc.

Read news web sites and respond to the wealths of racist comments that proliferate them, overtly and covertly. Begin to educate people by getting them to think about the silly things they say so casually. I've done this to a degree and had interesting/informative discussions, and also gotten a few people to think about their racist views.

Organize online protests/boycotts of news articles - news is now semi-interactive like never before, but usually only en-mass.

CREATE subversive anti-propaganda and also covertly organize publicity stunts calling attention towards acts of injustice, issues in perspective, misinformation, and propaganda.

Teach people how not to get hacked, viruses, etc, fix computers...
(That was my initial idea... how the mind wanders...)

For some reason it seems kids now-a-days are supposed to be kids ...
And taught that most of their time they should run around like chickens
doing whatever they please, most of them grow up with only fairly
disciplined approaches to work.

However, I don't think that is how people should grow up, I think it is our
Educational system, which has weakened peoples minds into a mush that
is only capable of performing rote mechanical behaviors repetitively until failure.

Ok, I have to go, but I'm thinking of making this idea into some kind of business
and going to Africa and teaching 10 year olds to deface obscene cnn commentary.
Will teach english, also.

Here are some more links to accompany the pin-drops:

https://ricochet.com/archives/confessions-of-a-professional-russian-troll/
(note: offshoot of us structure)

Confessions of a Professional Russian Troll
Claire Berlinski, Ed.
March 31, 2015
39 COMMENTS
RFE/RL–earning its keep these days–ran a fascinating interview with a professional pro-Kremlin Internet troll. Really worth reading in full:

More and more, posts and commentaries on the Internet in Russia and even abroad are generated by professional trolls, many of whom receive a higher-than-average salary for perpetuating a pro-Kremlin dialogue online. There are thousands of fake accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LiveJournal, and vKontakte, all increasingly focused on the war in Ukraine. Many emanate from Russia’s most famous “troll factory,” the Internet Research center, an unassuming building on St. Petersburg’s Savushkina Street, which runs on a 24-hour cycle.

In the following interview, he describes a typical day and the type of assignments he encountered.

I have no idea how anyone could counter that kind of propaganda effort. Read the whole thing–do you have any good ideas?

---------------------------------------------

www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/your-slip-is-showing-4chan-trolls-operation-lollipop
(note the military vernacular when ``Bavarian`` talks about how his operation is structured: Operation Lollipop)

Here’s How A Fake Feminist Hashtag Like #EndFathersDay Gets Started And Why It’ll Keep Happening

One of the big problems with hashtag activism is you’re never sure if it’s genuine or not.

Anonymous image board 4chan has a section called /pol/. Sometime around Thursday or Friday of last week, users on /pol/ decided to try and get the hashtag #EndFathersDay trending on Twitter. Users at the time compared it to similar fake activism tags like #WhitesCantBeRaped, which, as a quick search on Twitter reveals, appears to have been a failed prank attempted last week.

-----------------------------------------------------

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/your-slip-is-showing-4chan-trolls-operation-lollipop

Activists Are Outing Hundreds Of Twitter Users Believed To Be 4chan Trolls Posing As Feminists
It looks like Twitter’s social justice community is cleaning house in a big way at the moment.
posted on Jun. 17, 2014, at 6:25 a.m.

Ryan Broderick

BuzzFeed News Reporter

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back