Black People : Teacher made me urinate in bottle, 8th grader says

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Da Street So'ja, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    what is the purpose of pulling your penis out in class?

please explain this to me

is he weird?

you might say why are you name calling?

no i'm calling it what it is

the "teacher" is the one who "offered the student the bottle to urinate in" while CLASS was in SESSION

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2007/04/27/state/n155325D90.DTL

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wn_report/2007/04/28/2007-04-28_teacher_made_me_urinate_in_bottle_8th_gr.html

Eighth grader says teacher instructed him to urinate in bottle

By SAMANTHA YOUNG, Associated Press Writer

Friday, April 27, 2007
    Printable Version
    Email This Article

(04-27) 17:42 PDT SACRAMENTO, (AP) --

A teacher at a Sacramento middle school instructed an eighth-grade student to urinate in a bottle instead of allowing him go to the bathroom, the boy and his mother said Friday.

Michael Patterson, 14, said he repeatedly asked his science teacher at Charles M. Goethe Middle School for a hall pass. Instead, he said the teacher directed him to go to a corner of the room, where 31 of his classmates heard him relieve himself into his empty Gatorade bottle.

"He said do what you got to do," Patterson said in an interview Friday. "I said 'I've gotta a bottle' and he said, 'Go in the corner.' So I just handled my business."

A Sacramento City Unified School District spokesman said officials have heard conflicting reports about what happened in Tuesday's 4th-period science class and were interviewing the teacher and other students.

"We are investigating and once the investigation is complete we will take appropriate action," spokesman Marcus Walton told The Associated Press.

He declined to release the teacher's name, saying personnel records were a private matter.

The alleged incident happened Tuesday after Patterson said his teacher threatened to have him suspended him if he left the classroom without permission. He only picked up his empty Gatorade bottle because he really needed to go the restroom, he said.

"It was really, really embarrassing," Patterson said. "It's still embarrassing."

When he was finished, Patterson said his teacher told him to go to the restroom to wash his hands and dispose of the bottle.

Patterson's mother and the local chapter of the NAACP are demanding the district fire the teacher if he does not resign.

"I teach my son to listen to his supervisors and not be disrespectful," Kelly Jacko, the boy's mother, said. "That man owes us an apology. I don't think he should teach. He had to know this was not appropriate behavior."

Walton declined to say what action, if any, was being taken against the teacher -- or if the teacher remained on duty.

Last year, a Florida teacher was suspended after a student urinated in a trash can because he wasn't allowed to go to the restroom.

Jacko said she asked school officials to place her son in another science class on Friday, but they refused. He spent the two-hour class sitting in the principal's office.

Jacko said she didn't want to keep him home from school because he would miss class work.

"They were not cooperative at all," she added.

School officials have since agreed to rearrange Patterson's schedule for the last month of the school year, Jacko said. However, the change will require him to drop out of his gifted-level science, language arts and history classes.

___

On the Net:

Sacramento City Unified School District:

www.scusd.edu

2. KWABENA

KWABENA STAFF STAFF

United States
    Leader-Student-Teacher
    Ratings:
    +367
    Well...Around the Circle/Cycle of Life we go...

KM

3. PurpleMoons

PurpleMoons Administrator STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,102
    Now thats just Crazy!

After all that, then he allowed the boy to go to the bathroom to wash his hands? Sounds like he had some personal issues with Patterson. What gets me also is the school refusal to release the teachers name for the sake of personal records. What about this childs personal rights to use the bathroom in privacy? If a student says they need to use the bathroom, let em go! Whats the big deal? If they are children whom they think will just run the hall, put the time they leave the class on the pass. Let the school security handle the rest. smh

I think teachers need to undergo a pyschological evaluation twice a school year. They also need to take parenting and communication classes every semester.

4. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    um

can you expound on that

i know you have something to say

lol

5. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    yes yes sister Moon

yes what about the right to privacy?

and this teacher had ISSUES, let alone an issue with the child
    and even if he did have an issue with the child
    why make him go to the bathroom in the classroom while class is in session?

again refer to my openin' statement

thanx

6. oldiesman

oldiesman Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +120
    teacher made...

it seems that it's always something,if this is true then that so-called teacher should be fired NOW,and some compensation should be coming to the student.

7. Da Street So'ja

Ratings:
    +42
    Hell-Low

yes yes

i don't SEE ANY reasoning behind this

NONE