Black People : Teacher Fired For Having Sex Out Of Wedlock [Video]

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by warriorprincess, Jun 14, 2010.

1. warriorprincess

warriorprincess Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +201
    This story is crazy to me on so many levels but enlightening as well.

1. Why are we so honest? Why do we tell people information that is essentially none of their business? Is this because we do not know the law or our rights?

2. The reporter asks her how did the official react when she spoke of her pregnancy. She said that dude nearly fell out of his chair, he didn’t take it well. At this point, I am wondering if it crossed her mind that they were LOOKING for a reason to fire her.

Teacher Fired For Having Sex Out Of Wedlock

2. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    retired computer geek
    Ratings:
    +13,732
    :geek: them teachers need to stop having that sex.....

3. CITIZEN

CITIZEN Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +144
    As long as her husband is not one of her students, I don't see where it is the school board's business. I don't see how she is a bad influence on her children. They don't know when she was impregnanted. I know 4th graders can do math, but NOT THAT KIND OF MATH!!!

Oh wait...I see this dealt with a private Christian school. Personally I think it is wrong, but the court may have to sort this out. I guess it is an Old Testament "cast them out" type of place.

4. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201
    The staff told all of the student's parents to make sure that they all knew. If the parents know, then the childrend definitely know now. That is part of her law suit the humiliation of it all.

Private schools still have to abide by federal law (according to the story).

5. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    A private Christian school has the right to impose biblical standards on their teachers. Teachers agree to live according to the principles they teach. All Christian school curriculum is Bible based, so if a teacher lives contradictory to the principles she teach, she is breaching her obligations to uphold the standards she teach. If she want to live like the world, she should go get a job in the world, not at a Christian school. It is not just the students who can do the math, parents as well. Many Christian schools are small enough that the parents know the teachers very well...these parents PAY FOR A CHRISTAIN EDUCATION FROM CHRISTIAN EDUCATORS. If she don't want to live according to those principles, there are far more public schools than Christain...she can go get a job there...and stop frontin' acting like she is shocked that a CHRISTIAN school administrator would impose CHRISTIAN principles upon her.

6. imhotep06

imhotep06 Well-Known Member MEMBER

Web Applications Developer
    Ratings:
    +106
    This is gay

7. warriorprincess

Ratings:
    +201
    Federal laws and private schools

Q. Do federal anti-discrimination laws extend to private schools?
    A. If a school is private, it is not covered by Title IV. If, however, it received federal funds, it is subject to the federal statutes prohibiting discrimination by federal fund recipients: Title VI, Title IX, Section 504. Private schools are also covered by Title III of the ADA.

Though private school teachers do not generally enjoy as much of the constitutional protection as public school teachers, statutes may provide protection against discrimination. The CIVIL RIGHTS Act of 1964, for example, protects teachers at both public and private schools from racial, sexual, or religious discrimination. Private school teachers may also enjoy rights in their contracts that are similar to due process rights, including the inability of a private school to dismiss the teacher without cause, notice, or a hearing.

http://www.enotes.com/everyday-law-encyclopedia/teachers-rights

8. Corvo

Corvo navigator of live MEMBER

United States
    Furniture maker, a sculptor, and fight instructor
    Ratings:
    +1,771
    Another fine example of a woman not having total right over her body. and this is 2010!

9. MsInterpret

MsInterpret Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +5,447
    That's stupid as hell!

10. Full Speed

Full Speed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,045
    She is free to do what she choose with her body at a secular school