Black People : Teacher Caught With Weapons

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Kamau47, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Kamau47

Kamau47 Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    http://newsone.com/2059593/yongda-huang-harris/

Is it just me, or am I seeing the beginning of the end.
    It really bothers me that things like this appear in the media on a daily basis, like this kind of sick & perverted thing is fast becoming the norm.

2. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503

Something is so very wrong.. The school system have enough problems already without this being added to it.

3. SlickBeast

SlickBeast Well-Known Member MEMBER

Australia
    Programmer/Game developer
    Ratings:
    +361
    Have you ever lived through slavery, in medieval Europe or NAZI Germany as a Jew or minority? Yea it was so much better back then when lifespan was thirty and people were 5 foot midgets infested with parasites.

This is the best time to live in. Even the worst US ghetto is paradise compare to medieval Europe where a knight could randomly pick a peasant to test his new sword; same thing in feudal Japan and I'm not joking. Samurai used to test their swords on peasants.

4. bingiedred

bingiedred Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +242
    That's real. Every generation that passes thinks these are the "last days". When will people understand that when they say these are the 'end of times' its really just the end our your time. Life will go on as usual without you and that's a fact not a prophecy.

5. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    That comment is so below me and so naive that I won't even respond to it except for this one.

6. Kamau47

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,304
    My bad.
    I wasn't speaking of the end of life, but the end of decency, respect for life and the end of common sense. When exactly did we stop caring about each other as human beings?

7. dunwiddat

dunwiddat Well-Known Member MEMBER

Barbados
    Ratings:
    +1,503
    Exactly
    :toast::wave:

8. Asomfwaa

Asomfwaa Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +2,564
    SlickBeast did make an excellent point, though. Time is very static so to say "nature" doesn't change.

If you fought a Lion three hundred years ago and fought one today, the fights wouldn't seem too different. The same with understanding Europeans, Asians and Africans. The situation is different. You don't fight a Lion everyday and a European doesn't enslave you every day; but it's all the same.

Too often we focus on "The End" and that's just Self-Instilled Fear. We need to Organize. "Doomsday" shouldn't come into our analysis.

9. bingiedred

bingiedred Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +242
    I wasn't necessarily referring to you when I posted but I wanted to take beasts' post in another direction. Just pointing out the doom & gloom aspect of certain peoples mentality who think the world is going to end or have this semi-fatalist/fatalist mindset because they hear of certain atrocities going on today. Not just today but have always been going on. It is because of the advent of the internet that we have so much access to happenings that we might not have know of without the internet. This story would have been news in the town it happened in and might not have made headlines somewhere else, meaning you might not of even heard of this article without the internet. I don't think its a national or global story. Just saying all this to say, it isn't that the world is getting worse, its just that we have more access to the world and everything that goes on in it, so to some of us, it seems that its getting worse, but in reality it is just the same as its always been in terms of incidental happenings. Sh*t happens and will keep on happening whether you hear about it or not.

10. skuderjaymes

skuderjaymes Contextualizer Synthesizer MEMBER

Japan
    independent thoughtist thinker, context linker
    theory to application to discussion to percussion
    Ratings:
    +6,043

That's just age creeping.. that's how we get.. as we come to see our end, we see the end everywhere else also.. it's just us projecting the world into a metaphor for our own life cycle.

but think about it like this: this is 1 out of about 7 million other teachers in the nation. Just 1 dude.. the press focuses on negativity.. Newsone is notorious for dirt and grit.. just click em off.. life is too short.. and we were not meant to have access to this much negative information.. it can make you crazy..

-peace