Black Entertainment : Taye Diggs Blames Black Women For The Cancellation Of His Show(s)

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Qatavia, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Taye Diggs Blames Black Women For The Cancellation Of His Show(s)

Last week, Taye Diggs’ TV series “Daybreak,” was cancelled due to low ratings. Rumor has it that African-American women refused to support the series because Diggs’ love interest wasn’t black. Their lack of support was instrumental in the numbers being down and the show getting the boot.

Well I actually watched “Day Break” and it wasn’t all that to tell you the truth. Just like one of the people said in the interview, Taye Diggs is corny as hell and I could care less who he is married to. Maybe the show sucked, and deserved to be cancelled. I’ve seen better shows get the boot.

Anyway….

Last month he sat down with Rolling Out magazine to talk about why black woman are more accepting of the “Will Smith” & “Denzel” types:

“What [black women] were happy about was that [Mendes’ character in Hitch] wasn’t white; she was Latina,” Diggs explains when asked why Will Smith’s role in the film didn’t draw as much cultural ire as some of the choices he’s made on- and off-screen. “That’s what they were happy about, if we’re gonna be real. That’s how the scale goes. First off, if it’s a dark brother and the dark brother isn’t with a dark sister that causes issues. … After that, if you’re going to date outside the race, then they go down the list of how poorly other minorities have been treated after blacks. [So] after that, you have Latino. … Like, I’ve had people say that about my wife: ‘At least she looks Spanish.’ Like that makes it a little bit better. So that’s why people accepted it. If Will Smith had been with a lily-white woman, it would’ve been a completely different situation in the black community as far as females are concerned. I guarantee you that.” [SOURCE]

Here is when he got a little attitude when the interviewer asked him about his white wife:

“I’m too far along in my life and in my career to really give a question like that any type of dignified answer,” says Diggs, who was raised in black, middle-class Rochester, N.Y., intones. “When I was in high school, maybe. College, maybe. But I’m a grown-*** man and if people have a difficult time dealing with that, then I welcome them to see a movie with Omar Epps or Denzel Washington or some of those other brothers that have chosen to spend the rest of their lives with sisters, as you say. I just don’t have time for it. You can’t make everybody happy. And for the fans that are out there that are into me; they don’t really give a f— what’s going on with my personal life.” http://www.rollingout.com/cover/index.php?p=6084&more=1&page=1

2. Da Street So'ja

Da Street So'ja Banned MEMBER

thrivin' spiritually/physically/emotionally/financ
    Ratings:
    +42
    listen

Taye is weak
    his show was weak
    that's why it died

3. Qatavia

Qatavia Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    never watched the show, but I really doubt that it was cancelled because he his love interest in the show wasn't a minority......

He's just looking to point the blame somewhere......

If ya show was wack, it was wack! PERIOD!!!

4. Monetary

Monetary going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Economist
    Home Page:
    Ratings:
    +236
    We don't really know why the show didn't gather as much support as he thought it should have. But, he can't blame sistas. Hell, White women didn't support it either. But, he isn't saying anything about them. The Brotha is just straight foul.

smh

5. vandella

vandella Banned MEMBER

TRAVEL INDUSTRY
    Ratings:
    +0
    WHAT A CHUMP!!!!!!!!!! DISGUSTING CRY BABY, YUCK:rolleyes:

6. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    I wouldn't expect a bright response from Taye... despite his charming boy next door looks... his acting skills are borderline autistic, if you ask me.

7. cursed heart

cursed heart Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +38
    I never watched the show.
    However the other show he had when he was a single father was very good.
    I must admit he is just like most of the darker brothers who marry or date women light,bright and white.
    It's a slave-mentallity,inferior complex they have carried with them since childhood.
    That white woman,latino,asian makes them somehow seem lighter,more secure and confident about who they are.
    It's really ,really sad.
    He is just like wesly snipes.
    Sisters didn't ruin his show.
    His lack of creativity and self-hatred for the very woman that gave birth to him( A black woman) did.
    He needs to get over himself and stop letting that wife of his poison his mind about his own reflection.

8. robboy2003

robboy2003 Well-Known Member MEMBER

To bring strength and a calming influence,and to s
    Ratings:
    +5
    That's why I like mine Black! hold the cream: Black woman I mean.

Love her constantly,consistently,and with concern!

9. Khasm13

Khasm13 STAFF STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,472
    he's a herb...
    but please do not compare taye to wesley...
    wesley has a deep respect for the asian culture
    i think thas why he married an asian woman...
    truth be told...asians didn't do ish to us in this country...white folks did...
    taye is just a blind herb...

one love
    khasm

10. vandella

vandella Banned MEMBER

TRAVEL INDUSTRY
    Ratings:
    +0

cursed, you are so right, my sister told me that once she was in the super market with her husband when he saw an old friend. this dude was with his "latina dream", she said she overheard him telling her husband "dawg, when you're with a white/latina woman YOU FEELLLLLLLLLLLL LIKE YOU'S SOMETHING!!!!!". my sister said she immediately walked up to her husband and stared the trained "BOY" down and rescued her man. this trained kneegrow said that he "FEELSSSSSSSS LIKE SOMETHING" when he dates a nonblack woman, if that's not self hatred i really don't know what is.

taye diggs is a sorry actor,PERIOD!!!, he can't blame black women for his failures. his show sucked, i saw the first episode were the white/**** near white chick was "bathing him" and he had that kneegrow look on his face ,I WAS REALLY DISGUSTED BY THAT SCENE,LOL. the show really turned me off, actually seeing taye diggs GRINNING AND SHOWING ALL HIS TEETH IN EVERY MOVIE REALLY TURNS ME OFF. there's something about that fool's smile that screammmmmmmsss "TOMDOM". hope this be a lesson to all that crosses over and starts "bashing and talking crap" about the black woman, you mess ,bash,talk bs about us in the media , IRS will come after your butt or your showssssssssss will get Xed:laugh:. the taye diggs and wesley snipes of the world needs to know that most sistah's don't give a rat's butt if they marry/date nonblack, BUT THEY MUST LEARN TO LEAVE THE BLACK WOMAN'S NAME OUT OF THEIR "FOOT SHUFFLIN" MOUTHS.

and cursed, you are right taye is trying to hype up his wife's ego big time, he truely feels/think that every black woman is green with envy over this broad since she is the beauty of all beauty. what black woman in her right mind would be jealous of this "MANLY JAW WOMAN". LMAO.

Users found this page by searching for:

1. taye diggs blames black women