Black People : Taxing People of color out of Neighborhoods

My mother and I have been trying to find a house. We both have excellent credit and qualify for a house within decent range, but here's the kicker, every DECENT foreclosed home is $5000+ in property taxes leaving people of color, especially African Americans with only the option of living in ghetto low income neighborhoods.

Its ridiculous, all of the neighborhoods in PG County, Maryland where majority whites lives, the cost of the homes are exactly the same as in the black neighborhoods, but they tax the houses 5000+, where in low income neighborhoods the taxes are $3000 or less.

If anyone knows a thing about Prince Georges County Maryland, you would know that if you don't want to have to deal with high crime, then you stay away from areas like Temple Hills, Oxon Hill, Silver Hill, Marlo Heights because those areas are dangerous, and I refuse to live there but I'm tired of paying for an apartment that cost just as much as the mortgage on a house and not getting a tax deduction.

It is very obvious what they are trying to do. Its called Red Lining communities and forcing new age segregation.

Unless you are in a family where three or more working adults are living in the house or you make $75,000 a year you cannot even afford a foreclosure, even though they claim they are working with the public to sell these homes.

Bullsh*t!

Are you really saying that houses cost the same in a low income or black area as in a higher income area or white?.

Also you are complaining because black homeowners are paying less than the white ones?

My mother and I have been trying to find a house. We both have excellent credit and qualify for a house within decent range, but here's the kicker, every DECENT foreclosed home is $5000+ in property taxes leaving people of color, especially African Americans with only the option of living in ghetto low income neighborhoods.

Its ridiculous, all of the neighborhoods in PG County, Maryland where majority whites lives, the cost of the homes are exactly the same as in the black neighborhoods, but they tax the houses 5000+, where in low income neighborhoods the taxes are $3000 or less.

If anyone knows a thing about Prince Georges County Maryland, you would know that if you don't want to have to deal with high crime, then you stay away from areas like Temple Hills, Oxon Hill, Silver Hill, Marlo Heights because those areas are dangerous, and I refuse to live there but I'm tired of paying for an apartment that cost just as much as the mortgage on a house and not getting a tax deduction.

It is very obvious what they are trying to do. Its called Red Lining communities and forcing new age segregation.

Unless you are in a family where three or more working adults are living in the house or you make $75,000 a year you cannot even afford a foreclosure, even though they claim they are working with the public to sell these homes.

Bullsh*t!

:fyi:

You have to do your research and homework. Just as corporations are filing suit to have their taxes lowered, you can too. Look at what the homes in the area have sold for over the last year. It can be argued reasonably, that if you can only sell it for X dollars. They dont get to tax it for more. The data will prove your point. I was able to move into a very ritzy neighberhood for less and get the taxes reduced. It can be done!

:geek:

:peace:

:em0200:

:fyi:

You have to do your research and homework. Just as corporations are filing suit to have their taxes lowered, you can too. Look at what the homes in the area have sold for over the last year. It can be argued reasonably, that if you can only sell it for X dollars. They dont get to tax it for more. The data will prove your point. I was able to move into a very ritzy neighberhood for less and get the taxes reduced. It can be done!

I certainly hope so because its off the hook here the DC area. I did some research and they did in fact had a hearing about this April of 2009, the people complained and they ignored it, and the thing about it is, it doesn't make sense (well it does if you look at the racism in this country), but say for instance if you search for a house in Hyattsville or Riverdale Maryland, the taxes are lower, but the closer you get to the white neighborhoods, the same priced houses are doubled. Then when you go into these neighborhoods where the taxes are high, there's nothing but people who have a lot of money because they turn these cheap priced houses into double its value and sometimes they are not buying the houses themselves, they are just making them more expensive by increasing the property tax.

And its obvious. Let's say you see a foreclosure that's $200,000, when they decide in DC, Maryland and Virgina that they want to attract ONLY a "certain" type of people (white and rich) the taxes range from 5000 to 14,000 a year, THESE foreclosures are all renovated and improved FORECLOSURES.

However, on the other side of town (in the black and latino neighborhood), you have a house that's the same price 200,000, but are sold as is, are decayed, mold inside, termite infested, and you are told you have to buy it as is, and the taxes are say $2000 - $3000, BUT if you buy one of these houses, you have to take out more money (at least $20,000 +) to have them renovated, so you end up paying more money for the cost of the house.

And the thing is, they are doing this in every single area now. There is not a place almost in the DC Metro area where you can find a house where the tax property value is NOT high, so if you are a medium income family where are you suppose to go?

So many black and latinos are being forced to move way out into Maryland and can't afford to even live anywhere near the DC Metro area. So if I want to get a house, I have to move 40 miles outside of the city, which means I have to not only take regular public transportation, but I have to take the Marc train to get to the metro station then spend money to park my car, then take the train, so my commute turns from one hour to three hours.

They are doing everything in their power to make sure people of color can't live anywhere near or in the DC area.

Then I bet, suddenly DC will become a state.

Are you really saying that houses cost the same in a low income or black area as in a higher income area or white?.

Also you are complaining because black homeowners are paying less than the white ones?

I love how people register one time and ask questions to try and put someone on the spot because they don't have good comprehension.

What I am saying is, they are taxing black people out of good living conditions.

Even people in neighborhoods where I grew up that were 100% black, had nice homes, low crime, they raised the taxes and move the black people out because they are trying to make the entire DMV area WHITE and ONLY for WHITE and the rich, and they are stretching it out so far that if you work in the city it would be **** near impossible to commute to work, and where we are being forced to move has ZERO jobs especially for those of us that work for the federal government or DC government.

PG county, the ENTIRE county was once predominantly black. You had your low crime neighborhoods and you had your high crime, but it was still affordable to live anywhere in PG county because the taxes were even, NOW, because white people decide they want to take over large portions of PG county, they passed laws to double the property tax on the EXISTING residents causing black people to go into foreclosure and lose their homes, so the whites came in, purchased the foreclosures, and increased the property value, thus also increasing the neighborhood investments (which, if you know anything about housing history) its called REDLINING.

I have no problem with black people's property taxes being low, but why does it have to be only in the hood?

Just because I'm black doesn't mean I want to live in the projects just to be able to purchase a house! And that's what they are doing, they are forcing all of us into what I call a modern day reservation, so in other words, (for those who know DC), they are pretty much MAKING black people move into South East type neighborhoods full of crime, and when they do this, just like in South East, no money goes into the neighborhoods so black owned businesses decline, once decent shopping areas become abandoned, the list goes on.

http://www.encyclopedia.chicagohistory.org/pages/1050.html

And believe me the foreclosures in the white neighborhoods dont' look a thing like foreclosures, they look brand new but the ones they are selling in other neighborhoods look like they are being held together by one termite.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back