Black People : Tavis Smiley's "Remaking America" image sequence.

This is hilarious, to the level of Jerry Springer,
Tavis is the most hated man in America by Black folks
when he made covenant for Black America no one here posted his book or his website pic or anything, and ooooooohhhh brother when he dared to question and criticize Barrack Obama, folks were chipping in to buy tires to put a necklace around his neck and set it afire

So now he is doing a series of research and expose about poverty
in this nation
and what embarasses white supremecy the most ,
how they dawg poor white folks
something the white spuremacist oligarchy has tried very hard to keep
out of the media , web , print, television and radio

the entire ish is reduced to a grade school show and tell of

"hey folks this uncle tom sho do love him some white folks"

gimme a break!

I wonder what Marron Marrable's sick book about Malcolm,
would have looked like with illustrations?

Folks keep pointing to something but instead of looking at what they are pointing to a whole three volume book is written about the size shape, texture, skin condition, nail condition cuticle condtion and knuckle condition of the finger.

Everything is context

I know it's your job to intercept and misdirect every potentially fruitful conversation at it's inception.. I know that.. and you know I know that... but maybe some of the new users don't.. so, even though I know that it's wrong to feed the ankhur, I'll throw you a bone or two..

First thing.. I'm not "Black Folks".. I'm Skuderjaymes.. so, you're gross generalizations about black folks don't apply to me or anything I've said here.. If you have a question about what I mean, you should probably ask a question.. rather than do your racial math.. you know what they say, "garbage in, garbage out".. and that little saying might also shed some light on the bulk of what you post on this site.. nothing but pure interference and confusion..

This thread is about the image sequence on Tavis's site.. it is not about tearing down Tavis.. It's about recognizing how our images are used.. even by us. I have several other threads that focus on this exact same concept.. and, it's worth noting that I also sent a email to Tavis's Company.. The
Smiley Group.. with the exact same message.. and I asked them to change that picture.. to put our image on the same level with those other images. Believe it or not, team ankhur, there are those of us here that realize that Tavis doesn't create websites..

ok.. so.. there are your bones.. ply your trade.. throw your chaft.. create your confusion.. let's see if anybody bites and mistakes your tactics for anything other than what they are.

Everything is context

No.. Everything is not context.. Context is everything.. and that is a very fitting symbolic reversal symbolizing the juxtaposition of what you do here at Destee.com and what I do..

I know it's your job to intercept and misdirect every potentially fruitful conversation at it's inception.. I know that.. and you know I know that... but maybe some of the new users don't.. so, even though I know that it's wrong to feed the ankhur, I'll throw you a bone or two..

First thing.. I'm not "Black Folks".. I'm Skuderjaymes.. so, you're gross generalizations about black folks don't apply to me or anything I've said here.. If you have a question about what I mean, you should probably ask a question.. rather than do your racial math.. you know what they say, "garbage in, garbage out".. and that little saying might also shed some light on the bulk of what you post on this site.. nothing but pure interference and confusion..

This thread is about the image sequence on Tavis's site.. it is not about tearing down Tavis.. It's about recognizing how our images are used.. even by us. I have several other threads that focus on this exact same concept.. and, it's worth noting that I also sent a email to Tavis's Company.. The
Smiley Group.. with the exact same message.. and I asked them to change that picture.. to put our image on the same level with those other images. Believe it or not, team ankhur, there are those of us here that realize that Tavis doesn't create websites..

ok.. so.. there are your bones.. ply your trade.. throw your chaft.. create your confusion.. let's see if anybody bites and mistakes your tactics for anything other than what they are.

No.. Everything is not context.. Context is everything.. and that is a very fitting symbolic reversal symbolizing the juxtaposition of what you do here at Destee.com and what I do..

som mo personal ish? Is there a fad to not have the maturity to debate when challenged?

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Thanks,

The bigger point is made in your truthful explanation:

As far as what happened with it.. it sold.. some folks got it.. got some ideas..

Which is far from the expected panacea for Blacks it was projected to be, up against this system of oppression. (it sold)Money was made that didn't trickle back into the project as promised. (some folks got it...)Many bought the book, after being number 1 on the New York best seller's list for an extended period. (...got some ideas)These are my concerns; what happened to the implementation of those ideas the Covenant laid out for us to follow? Was it all a rip off?

Peace In,

hey.. I bought it.. bought the Covenant In Action companion book also.. it was a good effort.. a good idea.. There is also a companion website @ http://www.covenantwithblackamerica.com

As far as what happened with it.. it sold.. some folks got it.. got some ideas.. and also, it established Tavis as non-threatening to the status quo.. and that "non-threatening" moniker is a prerequisite for access to the national stage.. his focus on black corrective action, rather than the usual systemic white racism put him in a position to garner support from all sides. Tavis is careful not to threaten any of the established power bases.. The day that Tavis goes radical will be the day he comes into his real influence. That middle ground that has contained him ever since he was ousted from BET in preparation for their whitewashing with Viacom is a particularly impotent space.. but is also a safe space. From there you can offend no one.. and make no enemies... so that means that friendship and support is always an option.. but it also means, he can't draw any hard lines in the sand. To have any sort of real and lasting impact, you have to be willing to run the risk of polarizing people. And I don't think Tavis is willing to run that risk.. Criticizing Obama is not nearly as ballsy as it seems.. Obama's so-called Blackness allowed Tavis to snipe without actually leaving his neutral middle ground.. translation: no white folks were offended by his criticism of Obama... and, for the record, neither was I. I think Tavis is on the right track by focusing on a what appears to be a single issue. Problem is, Poverty, is not a single issue.. and it's inextricably bound to racism and oppression.. two issues that Tavis stays away from--in any real substantive way--like the black plague.. or, more suitably, "the white plague"..

You can get the book at barnesandnoble.com for as little as 99 cents.. and I'm sure there are copies in the local libraries across the country..

102739312.jpg
101896933.jpg

som mo personal ish? Is there a fad to not have the maturity to debate when challenged?

ok.. the maturity angle.. thrown in with a bit of colloquial street lingo.. good good.. makes you come off as authentic.. yeah yeah.. page 34 of the How To Disrupt Black Online Conversations For Dummies...

.. I was sure though that you would come back with the patented Calling Of Ones Manhood Into Question gambit that you usually reach for whenever a direct light is shined on your true behavior here at Destee.com.. anyway.. so, it's good to see you mixing it up.. keeping us on our toes.

In the Spirit of Sankofa,

.......Thanks,

The bigger point is made in your truthful explanation:

Which is far from the expected panacea for Blacks it was projected to be, up against this system of oppression. (it sold)Money was made that didn't trickle back into the project as promised. (some folks got it...)Many bought the book, after being number 1 on the New York best seller's list for an extended period. (...got some ideas)These are my concerns; what happened to the implementation of those ideas the Covenant laid out for us to follow? Was it all a rip off?

Peace In,
I told someone the other day that Mulana Ron Karenga, would be at Boys and Girls high school Monday night December 26, to do a lecture on Kwanzaa, and the brother replied **** Ron Karenga, and I asked, why all the negativity he replied;

"The man invented the Nguzo Saba but never implemented it,
or made people follow it."

He had a point, just that I never knew what it was!

Tavis

Karenga

Dr Claude Anderson

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back