Black People : Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Jaisolovely, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    Are or has tattoos been a part of African culture as an art form or form of worship?

2. Jaisolovely

Jaisolovely Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3
    I had asked this question because at the time I was interested in getting a tattoo. I wanted to know if our ancestors did it and why. I just know that in those days everything that they did meant something it wasnt a fad or form of perversion (my opinion) like it is today. I had did a lil research and found out some tribes used it to indentify each other, as a rite of passage, or scarification:

http://tattoos.lovetoknow.com/Africa_Scarification_History

After reading this:
    From the same website already sourced above, the movie "Alien vs. Predator" came to mind. Lol Idk why but I remember within that movie after the Predator would kill an Alien he would mark himself with the blood of it on its face that would turn into scar. I had mention this because I had always questioned the symbolism in that movie. For one, the Predator has dreds (thats my opinion) well it looks like it. Two, there was an hidden pyramid where three different cultures (the mayans, egyptians, whomever the last one was) would make scarifices to the alien larvae so that they could produce the adult alien for the Predators to hunt, whom they worshipped. And that made me think well maybe they are trying to give truth to the lie about UFO's creating the great pyramids and etc? I dont know what do ya'll think?
    I believe that tatooing just didnt appear present day and now everybody, well the major of society is doing it. I know that it is an ancient technique just like applying make-up is...