Black People : tatoos,your own idea or....!

I got mine because I wanted them and each has meaning and speaks to a person,place or period of time in my life that has true meaning and significance to me...I don't have any work "just because" I got my first one 11 or so years ago and am still having work added I'm lucky that a potna of mine does inkwork ......

MississippiRed

This is interesting indeed, although according to the research and investigations Joel A. Rogers (J.A. Rogers), tatoos are not a product of African people. He states that Europeans began that process as they settled into tribes. He furthermore states that "due to the complexion of African people, that we practiced "scarification"...or what we would call "tribal marks".

Personally I have never had the opportunity or curiosity to investigate his claims any further, but it would be interesting to know the answer. I do know that our ancestors "never did anything without a "holistic reason" involved. Like, isn't it interesting that we never see an image of them with their legs crossed or sitting the way many today sit ? There was a reason for it, but this thread isn't about that, so lets move on.

The Egyptian cat-headed goddess, Bastet was strictly a solar deity until the arrival of Greek influence on Egyptian society, when she became a lunar goddess due to the Greeks associating her with their Artemis. Bastet was originally portrayed as either a wild desert cat or as a lioness, and only became associated with the domesticated feline around 1000 BC. She was commonly paired with Sakhmet, the lion-headed goddess of Memphis, Wadjet, and Hathor. Bastet was the "Daughter of Ra", a designation that placed her in the same ranks as such goddesses as Maat and Tefnut. Additionally, Bastet was one of the "Eyes of Ra", the title of an "avenger" god who is sent out specifically to lay waste to the enemies of Egypt and her gods.

.... and after I complete my 5th year of latin..
I shall put: si vis pacem, para bellum! Post bellum Resurgam!
if you want peace, prepare for war! after the war, i shall rise again!

Sekhmet was the lioness-headed goddess of war and destruction. She was the sister and wife of Ptah. She was created by the fire of Re's eye. Re created her as a weapon of vengence to destroy men for their wicked ways and disobedience to him (see The Story of Re).

Having once unleashed her powers for the destruction of mankind, the Egyptians feared a repeat performance by Sekhmet. The Egyptian people developed an elaborate ritual in hopes she could be appeased. This ritual revolved around more than 700 statues of the goddess (such as the one to the left). The ancient Egyptian priests were required to perform a ritual before a different one of these statues each morning and each afternoon of every single day of every single year. Only by the strictest adherence to this never-ending ritual could the ancient Egyptians be assured of their ability to placate Sekhmet.

She is generally portrayed as a woman with the head of a lioness surmounted by the solar disk and the uraeus. The name "Sekhmet" comes from the root sekhem which means "to be strong, mighty, violent".

there will be many things in which you are surprised to find out.. if you never ask to learn! Thats as true with me.. as it is the metaphysical sciences.

But it was for my knowledge of these dieties.. which made me choose them as my form of expression. . my tatoo will b complete when i add the latin quote to it. Sekhmet.. has my highest respect.. having had been played the games of shiesty men for years.. she gives me strength.. knowing that justice will b served.

SAMURAI36 said:
Wow, that's really interesting to here, Sister!!

Just a little more info about the Neteru (Dieties) that you have:

Both of these Cat Gods are actually Goddesses.

SEKHMET is the personification of the Warrior Spirit. She represents the militant side, and as a Solar goddess, she is where we draw our physical strenght. She is also a master martial artist, carrying the Sword and shield.
She is depicted as a Black woman with the Lioness's head. In ancient times, many Warrior queens would dress like her in preparation for war.

HOTEP

I have a tattoo I got twenty years ago. At the time when all my buddies were getting earrings I wanted to be different. Tattoos and piercings have different meanings in various cultures. However now days the expression of freedom and self identity is a set up for something more diabolically in the future. With the advent of tracking implants and retinal scanning it's simply a matter of time before humans will be marked in America. There are many motativating factors for this. Here are two. The first is citizenship. The second is the war on drugs. Right now it is beneficial for Corporate America to employ illegal immigrants as the new form of slave labor. When Corporate America privatizes the prison systems inmates will take the place of immigrants as slave labor. Any person that doesn't have an identity implant will be rounded up and sent back to when the they came from. Also identity implants will rid our society of paper money and credit cards. This will make it impossible to sell drug for any substancial profit. How? When person works instead of getting a paycheck people will get credits assigned to their identity. There will be frequent drug testing. Three failed drug tests would mean a prison sentence. This would effectively reduce drug addicts to almost none. All the Law Enforcement that went into the war on drugs will go toward border protection and prison enforcement. All from exploiting an ancient practice. Don't believe it's possible? Ask the children of the victums of the Tuskeegee experiment what the government is possible of...

Peace....

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back