destee.com
destee.com
Jan 22, 2001
betwixt and between
destee.com
Occupation
Website Consultant
Hello Family,

I watch COPS on television and i've seen more use of these tasers. It really bothers me. I understand that they are similar to stun guns and cattle prods. Again, it really bothers me that these things are being used on human beings.

I've read that they are safer than guns, and that police shootings have decreased, where these weapons are being used. Unfortunately, these weapons don't leave considerably noticeable marks on a victim, and can be easily abused as a result.

Of course i believe that it is going to be mostly us, that these weapons are used on. I don't like it.

I remember hearing recently about a young boy, maybe 12 or something, was the victim of some police officer's taser.

50,000 volts of electricity in a body seems quite extreme to me. No one knows the long term consequence of such. Yet we do know, that they can cause death in some instances, in the short term.

Did i already say i don't like this.

I wonder if the police keep a record of how often they use these tasers, who they use them on, the breakdown between Black folk and White folk, as well as other races ... lots of room for continued racial abuse, in a system rife with it.

I think they should have to give a full account and records maintained and made public, when these extreme measures are taken.

:heart:

Destee

surely destee these Tasers guns they using can be harmful
and deadly with this kind of voltage it make the Heart race
very fast while it numb the body to a shut down a not so healthy
person can go into cardiac arrest / heart attack it's a deadly Tool
i really think they brought this thing out to handle people of color
every time i read about it , it's been done to a BLACK MAN
gang members or out of control teen but this device is harmful and
do damage to the heart it can leave a electrical wave in the system
as long as 3 days it depend on where a human body is hit .

Hello and Welcome Steve69 ... :wave: ... i believe this may be the first time i've responded directly to you! Thanks for being here with us!

Certainly, if lives can be saved, that it is a good thing. But if lives can also be taken, which has happened, then these weapons should be monitored and reported just as guns are.

We know how many Black lives are lost as a result of guns fired by the police (far too many).

We should know how this is being used against us, compared to how they use it on others.

Perhaps in a perfect world, this would not be needed information ... but ...

:heart:

Destee

Yes agree should be a record. I think they have to whenever a real gun is fired. Should not be hard for a tamper proof counter on a stun gun and they have to justify its use. That would be a great idea. Of course they will say its used on us more to do our higher crime rate. But at least with a stun gun we are still alive to question them.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back