Black People : Tasers Can Trigger Fatal Heart Trouble: Study

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by Keita Kenyatta, May 1, 2012.

1. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382
    TUESDAY, May 1 (HealthDay News) -- Taser guns used by law enforcement can cause heart rhythm problems, sudden cardiac arrest and death, according to a new study.
    Tasers, which are widely used by police forces in the United States and other countries, are designed to stun suspects by delivering a 50,000-volt shock.
    Indiana University Health cardiologist Dr. Douglas Zipes analyzed the cases of eight healthy men, ages 16 to 48, who were tasered between 2006 and 2009 and lost consciousness. All but one of the men died.
    Zipes reviewed police, medical and emergency response records, autopsy reports, and other sources of information such as witness testimony and data from the Taser devices, auto

http://gma.yahoo.com/tasers-trigger-fatal-heart-trouble-study-130407446.html

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    it's obvious who came up with this invention and decided to pass the law of using taser guns... white folks... smdh

3. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    they just like loaded guns ....deadly and these folks who created them should be destroyed
    these devices do change the heart rate and rhythm that can send a person in shock that lead
    to heart failure or cardiac arrest ......this thing should be outlaw'd or used only and only if in dangered.

4. Hannibal

Hannibal Active Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +13
    The problem is I don't think we can trust the judgment of most of them to decide "when they're in danger" you know. I've always had a problem with the power police/C.O.'s have, at the end of the day that official is a mere mortal....just a man subject to the same emotions/capable of the same actions as any other man...just doesn't seem right that often they're put in complete control of situations and people as if their judgment is always without flaw.

5. $$RICH$$

$$RICH$$ Lyon King Admin. STAFF

United States
    BUSINESS owner
    Ratings:
    +4,178
    truth is they 99.9 flaw they use the law and power to gain....I agree just another human being
    I tell you the Gang of Badges is foul moreso then none.

6. Hannibal

Ratings:
    +13
    I know...and getting worse. Whats scary though is now a days they're even whipping on white people....so you know they wide open....even got brothers on the force getting in on it.

7. Hannibal

Ratings:
    +13
    Had a comrade "accidently" shot in the head with one of these, he was ill affected but bounced back...from what I hear they had pay him VERY WELL for that "slip up".