Lyon King Admin.
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 21, 2001
Da~WINDY*CITY //CHICAGO
Occupation
BUSINESS owner
CODEBLACK NEWS....

Taraji P. Henson Makes History at the Critics' Choice Awards
The queen of Empire is the first Black actress to win for best lead in a drama series

Taraji P. Henson was the boss at the Critics' Choice Awards, celebrating the best in television. This year, the best was Henson for her role as Cookie Lyon in Empire. The actress made history as the first Black woman to win Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series at the awards.

The veteran actress gave a heartfelt — and funny — acceptance speech, calling out everyone who has referred to her as a "new talent" since Empire's success. "Yeah, I get to live my twenties again!"
060115-celebs-taraji-p-henson.jpg

Taraji P. Hensonwas the boss at the Critics' Choice Awards, which celebrates the best in television. This year, the best was Henson for her role as Cookie Lyon in Empire. The actress made history as the first Black woman to win Best Lead Actress in a Drama Series at the awards.

http://www.bet.com/news/celebrities...kes-history-at-the-critics-choice-awards.html

I am not big on television programs except for a few exceptions. I love sports so I am always looking forward to the NBA season. I enjoy football and baseball as well. I decided before the season to watch Empire because of Taraji. She's a greact actress to me. Well deserving of the accolades being thrown her way in my opinion.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back