Tanzania : Tanzania: Albino Attacks

Tanzania: Albinos Call for Public Hanging of Murderers

24 September 2009

The Tanzania Albino Society (TAS) has called for the public execution of three people who were yesterday sentenced to death for murdering an albino.

Masumbuko Madata, 32, Emmanuel Masangwa, 28, and Charles Kalamuji, alias Masangwa, 42, all residents of Shinyanga Region, were sentenced to death by the High Court sitting in Kahama for the brutal murder of a 13-year-old boy.

TAS national chairman Ernest Kimaya urged President Jakaya Kikwete to assent to the death sentences as soon as possible.

"The society hopes that President Jakaya Kikwete will authorise the death sentences the soonest, and that the executions will be carried out publicly to show that the Government is serious in its war on albino killers," he said.

He commended the Government for expediting the trial and the High Court for "delivering justice".

Nominated MP Al-Shymaa Kwegyir said she was delighted by the sentence, adding that people who murdered fellow human beings had no right to live....

FULL ARTICLE: http://allafrica.com/stories/200909240143.html

After reading some of the responses to this thread, I thank the author for bringing this topic to light. About one year ago, before I decided to take a hiatus from posting on ALL internet sites (except for my own blogs), I wrote a post here dealing with changes in the natural environment, within the galactic "electromagnetic field", that is leading to mutations within our "cosmic DNA". This is further proof of that assessment. It is no laughing matter. The dilemna here is how will African people systematically deal with an increasing biological/genetic condition that is a natural occurence, and has been since the birth of humankind. Where is our humanism when dealing with our own people?

After reading some of the responses to this thread, I thank the author for bringing this topic to light. About one year ago, before I decided to take a hiatus from posting on ALL internet sites (except for my own blogs), I wrote a post here dealing with changes in the natural environment, within the galactic "electromagnetic field", that is leading to mutations within our "cosmic DNA". This is further proof of that assessment. It is no laughing matter.

The dilemna here is how will African people systematically deal with an increasing biological/genetic condition that is a natural occurence, and has been since the birth of humankind. Where is our humanism when dealing with our own people?

:toast:

I totally agree, Bro Omowalejabali, and well said!

Great thread sister cherryblossom, which hits right at the heart of the matter on so-call races...Vick may be funny as a comedian, but his color condition is far from funny...Peace In my sister friend, I already know the silly sarcasm from these posters is irrelevant to ya:).

You are so right, Brother Clyde, Vick's condition nor some of the treatment he's received from his own people is certainly not funny.

My heart ached to hear how he was chased and threatened by his own people.

In the Spirit of Sankofa and Real Truth!

You are so right, Brother Clyde, Vick's condition nor some of the treatment he's received from his own people is certainly not funny.

My heart ached to hear how he was chased and threatened by his own people.

Correct, I think I'm going to drop this thread and its comments over in the Biracial thread started by sister warriorprincess, it will help give her a better understanding of the complexity of her questions concerning the so-called Races...Peace In my sistar friend, for real.

14 May 2014 Last updated at 08:15 ET
Tanzanian witch doctors arrested over albino killing

Two witch doctors in Tanzania have been arrested after a woman with albinism was hacked to death, police say.

One of her legs and several fingers were removed in the attack on Tuesday.

Albinos have suffered widespread persecution in Tanzania, where witch doctors say magic potions made with albino body parts can bring good luck.

Such killings have declined in recent years, but this latest attack has prompted a human rights group to call for all witch doctors to be banned.

At a press conference on Wednesday, the group, Under The Same Sun said the current regulation of witch doctors was clearly not working.

The BBC's Leonard Mubali in Dar es Salaam says that currently all witch doctors have to apply for a certificate from the ministry of health and welfare to practise.

The attack occurred in the village of Gasuma, in Simiyu province - a remote rural area in the north-west of the country where there have been killings of albinos before, our reporter says.

The woman's left leg, two fingers from her left hand and a nail from one of her thumbs were removed.

According to Under the Same Sun, which campaigns against the discrimination of people living with albinism, the last killing of an albino in Tanzania was in February 2013.

In recent years, the government has been also been trying to address the problem, and an albino MP was appointed several years ago.

_74844559_74844554.jpg
Albinos in Tanzania have become targets for body-snatchers seeking to sell them to witch doctors

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-27409965

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back