Black Spirituality Religion : Talking Ugly About Christians = Talking Ugly About Your GrandParents

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by Destee, May 13, 2011.

1. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684
    Peace and Blessings Family,

I have never understood those that want to talk ugly about Christians, as if their own Momma, GrandMomma, and GrandDaddy weren't the same.

If you are a descendant of enslaved Africans in the USA, most all those before you, were Christian at some point or another.

You are here, alive, free to talk about your own people, as a direct result of those who came before you ... the ones you're talking about.

How do you balance this, talking about your own Momma, GrandMomma, etc., to talk ugly about Christians?

Please help me understand.

Thanks in advance.

:heart:

Destee

2. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064
    One of my Egun (elevated ancestor) taught bible study. He and his wife are prominently displayed on my ancestral shrine.

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

I know that's right Brother Sekhemu!

How can we dare believe we'll be blessed in any path, disrespecting those who have gone before us!

There is a way to do what we believe is right, try a different path, while bestowing great honor on those before.

Yes Yes Yes ... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I Love You! :grouphug:

Destee

4. Sekhemu

Sekhemu Well-Known Member MEMBER

priest
    Ratings:
    +1,064

Couldn't agree with anymore.

love you too.

5. info-moetry

info-moetry STAFF STAFF

United States
    A+ technician
    Ratings:
    +6,486
    peace

Me myself, for the most part i'm talking about a religion that was given to us or a book and occassionally a homosexual who had one of those books dedicated to him, not the individual per se. Now my words about those two might bring the ugliness out of the individual of said religion, but my intention was and always will be to get us to think about what it is that we CLAIM we follow........

As far as disrespecting any of our/my ancestors, who do you think it was that told me to go on a journey of my own and leave religion all together?

p.s. i'd like to see threads like this started when Atr's and other religions are talked about and perceived as disrespectful and not just when it's christians.

Some might start to think you are a little, nah very biased in that regard.......

jus' sayin'.........

6. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother Info ... if your Ancestors told you to go on your own journey, leave religion all together ... that's fine ... but you're not doing that.

You're fighting those who have chosen a different journey / path than you, rather than focusing on your own journey.

You're remaining immersed in religion, arguing with your people over it, even though you say you've been told to leave it.

Yes, some have said i am biased ... but as we both know ... folk can fix their mouths to say anything.

I don't worry too much about that, especially when i know it's not true.

Love You!

Destee

7. RAPTOR

RAPTOR Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +4,097
    In your opinion, info-moetry:

If the our grandparents were as knowledgeable of religion(s) as, say for
    example
    , you or Sehkemu, would they in the very least go about the
    abrahamic faiths as they have?

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother RAPTOR ... are you suggesting that the branch is greater than the tree?

White folk give us access to a little bit of information, more than we believe our Ancestors had, and we're miraculously smarter than them.

Amazing.

Destee

9. ru2religious

ru2religious Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,891
    Here is the thing - our ancestors followed Christianity as a form of survival but today what they had to survive from is no longer and issue. Secondly, our ancestors did not follow Christianity as it was given to them. As a matter of fact they followed Vodoun under the curtain of Christianity as it still is being followed today unaware.

What's sad is that millions of African American Christians show more contention toward those who do not follow their doctrines or religion then what we show to them. Nevertheless, they have a safety coat where ever they go because someone is going to see the wrong in us verse them.

They condemn us to a fire to burn eternally (what fire have I to put them in?). They call our theologies pagan (not knowing they their religion would be considered pagan by the ancient Gnostics/Egyptians) - they separate from us based on the scripture "do not be unequally yoked" (divide and conquer) ... but more importantly they've become 'separatist' meaning 'its them against us' when in reality we don't care but at the same token ... know where you came from so that you can know where your going.

When someone test their theology or written word - we come under fire and thus - we find ourselves having defend our positions.

To get to the point:

1.) Our grandparents followed the religion to save our lives - but through that they hid our ancient doctrines through it. Christianity in the black church is not Christianity in the white church.

2.) Our grandparents never abandoned the ancient ways when they started following Christianity - actually its the extreme opposite - they followed the ancient ways hidden under the clock of Christianity - so if what they were doing is way different then what the Europeans were doing in their churches then they were not following Christianity when they first became indoctrinated. They were Vodoun hidden .... by any means necessary.

3.) Our ancestors is not asking to be honored because they saved our lives through Christianity - they need to be honored for preserving the ancient ways through the clock of Christianity which saved our lives and ancient traditions. They would be dishonored if we do not recognize what they did through their most powerful wisdom. What other people does that - when they are enslaved? Take your own religion and hide it within another religion so that it will never be lost to us?

4.) Those who see the purpose of what our fore-mother/fathers did has honored them - but it was never their intention for us to follow the religion of the slave master - it was their intention that we would one day be free and go back to our ancestral doctrine and teachings - and they made sure of that by hiding it in plan site; Christianity.

We do not dishonor our fore-mothers/fathers for becoming Christians in an attempt to save our lives and doctrines - we do not even condemn Black Christians for being Christians - we condemn the notion of not wanting to wake up and see what our ancestors did and why they became Christians. Its not the people - its the unconsciousness.

Peace and Blessings

Ru2religious

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,684

Brother RU2Religious ... that is what we do to each other ... condemn each other for not being consciousness.

How can any one of us condemn the other ... when we are all TOTALLY dependent on the same system?

Christian, Muslim, Jew, ATR, Atheist ... all of us have to go to white folk for food, lights, gas and water ... life necessities.

How can any one of us be more conscious than the other, honoring our Ancestors, under these circumstances?

It's the dynamic of white supremacy ... pitting us one against the other ... while we're all in the bottom of the boat ... with no hope of getting out, because we're condemning each other.

Love You!

Destee