Black People : Talk - Tim Wise on White Privilege

Interestigly enough I read a book by a Brother many years ago with almost the same title. The pathology of Eurocentrism (the burden and responsibilities of being Black) by Ephraim. It was good stuff (he argues in the direction of ressentiment).

White denial, that's a nice title. Always curious about what makes some white people go around and start talking about things that adversely affect them and their children. This Wise man is a strange fellow. This wasn't bad really, but it's weird to see all those white folks came out in such numbers to listen to him chat about it... At least he's a good and honest speaker (oh, he just iterated my point: black people won't be asked to hold x amounts of talks each year).

Thanks for sharing it fam.

One,

- Ikoro

He grew up in NYC and his mother was involved in the civil rights movement.

Interestigly enough I read a book by a Brother many years ago with almost the same title. The pathology of Eurocentrism (the burden and responsibilities of being Black) by Ephraim. It was good stuff (he argues in the direction of ressentiment).

White denial, that's a nice title. Always curious about what makes some white people go around and start talking about things that adversely affect them and their children. This Wise man is a strange fellow. This wasn't bad really, but it's weird to see all those white folks came out in such numbers to listen to him chat about it... At least he's a good and honest speaker (oh, he just iterated my point: black people won't be asked to hold x amounts of talks each year).

Thanks for sharing it fam.

One,

- Ikoro

Perhaps he, as with a few others, realize that in the grand sceem of things,
the very system, that is dissin' black folks....is dissin' white folks, if not more.
In a link of his that I've posted in another thread, wise did speak of
how common white folk have compromised their economic interest to
maintain the status quo of the elites who look like them.

It is, however, reasonable for afrikan people to be suspicious of the european.

But whatever is his motive....is he wrong?
(I'm particularly interested in blackeyes answer to the question above, though all may entertain it.)

Even an emeny can say something that his/her rival can agree with....it doesn't mean one has to join forces with'em.

haha I think it is because they have the "A" allele for skin color while everyone else has the "G" allele. The "A" allele makes you do crazy things!
lol that's funny but if he's doing crazy thing wth are the rest of 'em doing?

He grew up in NYC and his mother was involved in the civil rights movement.
I don't know the motives for ww being involved in the CRM but....I wonder if his dad is black? lol j/k

Perhaps he, as with a few others, realize that in the grand sceem of things,
the very system, that is dissin' black folks....is dissin' white folks, if not more.
In a link of his that I've posted in another thread, wise did speak of
how common white folk have compromised their economic interest to
maintain the status quo of the elites who look like them.

It is, however, reasonable for afrikan people to be suspicious of the european.

But whatever is his motive....is he wrong?
(I'm particularly interested in blackeyes answer to the question above, though all may entertain it.)

Even an emeny can say something that his/her rival can agree with....it doesn't mean one has to join forces with'em.

he's not "wrong" but he still gets a jaundiced eye from me.
[youtube video] if he knew he was invited to speak on race because he's white; why didn't he decline and maybe some black person would have been selected?
I don't think he's changing wfolks and he's been talking for awhile.
He was on cnn awhile ago talking about his subconscious bias moment.
He boarded a plane somewhere, when he learned the pilots were black his first thought was; are they qualified to fly this plane?

Hm, one question to my United Snakes resident: Did Obama ever connect the dot between poverty/education to racism openly? Just curious as I haven't followed him closely enough to know. Assuming out of bias that he hasn't.

One,

- Ikoro

He did make a speech about it and a very good speech it was, too. But I don't know of anything he is actually doing about such issues as gentrification, under funded schools. unemployment, police brutality, eeteecee period

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back