Black People : Talk - Tim Wise on White Privilege

gogounited

REGISTERED MEMBER
Feb 17, 2010
Colorado
Not really, I use my third eye, and until my ancestors tell me who is a friend or foe I feed EVERYBODY with a really long stick.

that aside, what did you think of the video?

I found it refreshing, because not many of my people are willing to stand up and speak the truth to others. In another way though, I find it pathetic that this guy would be some sort of exception from the norm just for doing so.

In some ways I agree with this man, for instance, it would make me happier to see all those whites sit and listen to the same message, but delivered by someone who is black. Until then, and beyond then, I hope he is able to inspire other whites to be a part of change that favors justice.

sacredwoman

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jul 9, 2009
Occupation
Entrepreneur, Publisher, Writer, Healing Artist
Has he asked to join forces with us? Does he speak to Black audiences at all or just to whites? Isn't this what the black civil rights workers wanted the white civil rights workers to do--to go back to their neighborhoods and teach the other whites?

Nobody asked him to be a spokesman for Black people and I don't think that is what he is trying to do. He is telling his own people to wake up. Whether we accept him or not doesn't really matter since I've never heard him ask us to. Have you?

good post!

Is Trump Going to Prison?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Latest profile posts

cherryblossom wrote on watzinaname's profile.
Dropping by to say, "Hi!" ,sister Watz. Hope all is well.
cherryblossom wrote on WARRIOR's profile.
Hey, Warrior! Right On!