Black People : Talk - Tim Wise on White Privilege

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Interestigly enough I read a book by a Brother many years ago with almost the same title. The pathology of Eurocentrism (the burden and responsibilities of being Black) by Ephraim. It was good stuff (he argues in the direction of ressentiment).

White denial, that's a nice title. Always curious about what makes some white people go around and start talking about things that adversely affect them and their children. This Wise man is a strange fellow. This wasn't bad really, but it's weird to see all those white folks came out in such numbers to listen to him chat about it... At least he's a good and honest speaker (oh, he just iterated my point: black people won't be asked to hold x amounts of talks each year).

Thanks for sharing it fam.

One,

- Ikoro

Ikoro

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 23, 2006
Hm, one question to my United Snakes resident: Did Obama ever connect the dot between poverty/education to racism openly? Just curious as I haven't followed him closely enough to know. Assuming out of bias that he hasn't.

One,

- Ikoro

blackeyes

REGISTERED MEMBER
May 14, 2003
South,Ga
Interestigly enough I read a book by a Brother many years ago with almost the same title. The pathology of Eurocentrism (the burden and responsibilities of being Black) by Ephraim. It was good stuff (he argues in the direction of ressentiment).

White denial, that's a nice title. Always curious about what makes some white people go around and start talking about things that adversely affect them and their children. This Wise man is a strange fellow. This wasn't bad really, but it's weird to see all those white folks came out in such numbers to listen to him chat about it... At least he's a good and honest speaker (oh, he just iterated my point: black people won't be asked to hold x amounts of talks each year).

Thanks for sharing it fam.

One,

- Ikoro

I wanna know too

wetac0s

REGISTERED MEMBER
Dec 5, 2009
haha I think it is because they have the "A" allele for skin color while everyone else has the "G" allele. The "A" allele makes you do crazy things!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Black Poetry : Misled on the phone because I'm a red bone yellow skin and mellow for men hello no boyfriend, met this boy he wanna talk soft and walk off with a sli Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : She's fine and wet with the mind set of a queen she get extreme love talk from boys her pride is true and she get a wide view of the town she hide due Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Destee Black People : Live Talk Conference - 1-866-4-DESTEE Black People Open Forum 4
R Black Poetry : Rhymes to amuse strongly But can be used wrongly Can have proud walk But can’t use loud talk In the library, flow well But like a hotel amuse guests E Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Walk in the hood for fame then talk a good game mind play tricks hasn't pulled a fine chick in years, have to get one quick “NAW PLAYER boys hound an Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
SwagII Black Spirituality Religion : If I said ... That I had a personal in person talk with God ... Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 23
R Black Poetry : Fun today flirt And one may work With love talk alert try get under her skirt Must slow down with the twerk Stuff expressed by her complex breast Sh Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 4
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : T.I. Destroys Candace Owens Over MAGA & Slavery Talk During Revolt Summit Black People Politics 2
R Black Poetry : a kiss can spin a brisk wind she walk in the park and talk in the dark boys stalk and start a phat conversation that lead to domination a female child Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : My plans great like candidates in debates and still see cake and love rebuild my pride talk and like Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 2
R Black Poetry : A winner with a brain to be entertained by boys I try enjoys but the love talk become noise under my Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
R Black Poetry : Look his pride talk and like sidewalks it abuts on streets see a girl panties soggy body so hot feel Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Look his pride talk and like sidewalks it abuts on streets see a girl that strut sweet use cosmetics Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Got a proud walk but loud talk in the library is not good seeing crazy and by being lazy could ruin Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Perfection Black Women : ▶Speaking of Black Women◀ Black Women Talk About Workplace Stress and How They Cope Black Women 0
R Black Poetry : Strong beats on streets as pride talk on sidewalks run into crime has stone walls best be home yall, Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
R Black Poetry : Prevail with true chemistry but in the retail shoe industry there's talk of a strange change like a Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black Short Stories : Seattle author begins a crucial discussion in ‘So You Want to Talk About Race’ Short Stories - Authors - Writing 0
R Black Poetry : HE SAID: jive a lot and strive on the block but like livestock i run into beef // this fake talk goe Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
1poetsought Black Poetry : Baby Talk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
jamesfrmphilly Science and Technology : pushing-the-boundaries-of-ai-to-talk-to-the-dead Science and Technology 0
Liberty Black Entertainment : TNT Gave CHARLES BARKLEY A SHOW TO TALK ABOUT RACE? SMH Black Entertainment 12
Liberty Black People : Sundiata Cha-Jua/Real Talk: Breaking the cycle of gun violence in the black community Black People Open Forum 3
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : The Horse talk of Paul Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
Liberty Science and Technology : [WATCH] Akon Joins World Leaders to Talk Energy Access at Powering Africa: Summit Science and Technology 0
chuck Black People : Who Are Your Favorite Local Black Radio Talk Show Hosts? Black People Open Forum 0
ceebee Black Spirituality Religion : Lets Talk About Dreams? Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion 0
R Black Poetry : SHE SAID: You talk jazz but it’s “dazz” and slick like BRICK I have to be Quick, you ride in the car Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
Aluku Black People Politics : Real Talk On ILLEGAL Immigration Black People Politics 2
RAPTOR Black People Politics : Educator and Activist Tom Porter w/ Dr. Jared Ball talk about Radicalism in Civil Rights Black People Politics 0
1poetsought Black Poetry : Why You Talk Like That? Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 3
RAPTOR Black People : Straight Talk:A One-on-One w/ Professor James Smalls & Irritated Genie Black People Open Forum 2
CosmicMessenger Black Entertainment : George Benson - Body Talk Black Entertainment 1
KPITRL Black People Politics : Former Radio One Talk Show Host Warren Ballentin Convicted of Mortgage Fraud Black People Politics 0
RAPTOR Black People : Obama Summons Africa to Washington to Talk Trade (and How to Cut Out China) Black People Open Forum 0
Clyde C Coger Jr Black People Politics : These two numbers show why impeachment talk is trouble for the GOP Black People Politics 0
AACOOLDRE Black Poetry : Pillow, Pillow, Pillow Talk Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 0
_NortheastGroover_ Black Entertainment : Iconoclast: A Talk Between Maya Angelou and Dave Chappelle Black Entertainment 0
HODEE Black People : What are you doing? " Don't talk in my ear, text me." Black People Open Forum 0
skuderjaymes African Traditional Religion : The story of Oshun leaving the Earth.. a talk with Luisah Teish. African Traditional Religion Study Group 0
Kongolini Zulu Mau Black People : LET'S TALK ABOUT GODPARENTS IN IFA AND ORISA Black People Open Forum 2
NecessaryChaos Black People : Long time no talk to; Black People Open Forum 3
legit-writer Black People : Self-Talk Black People Open Forum 2
CSmith Science and Technology : Star Talk Radio Dot Net Science and Technology 2
MsInterpret Black Parenting : Which parent gives "the talk" to who? Black Parenting 9
chuck Black Education / Schools : Colleges 2013: Straight Talk! Black Education / Schools 1
MsInterpret Audio Video Web Conferencing : Jodeci - Come and Talk to Me Audio Video Web Conferencing 0
1poetsought Quiet Poetry Lounge : Talk Radio Black Poetry - Get Your Flow On! 1
MsVeraisblessed Black Entertainment : Ethana-People Talk Black Entertainment 0
skuderjaymes Black People : Stories of Africa by TED talk by Chris Abani Black People Open Forum 0