Black People : TALES FROM THE COVAPOLYPSE

5 or 6 weeks ago I pulled out a piece of machinery I use every year about this time and I noticed about half fist sized hole rusted through. Shrug no big deal, I'll just weld patch on before I get started. so's before I start cutting and welding I looks the machine over a bit more and the more I look the worse it all got......holes and punky metal everywhere; well ****. The really bad part/s was that the most worrisome areas were around the high speed rpm spindles no one wants to be near if they fly loose. Agh. And hardly any good metal to weld to..............and I don't have a month of Sundays to fig it all up to rebuild.
Scouting around the prices to a decent replacement costs 6 k and only up from there and of course the people I can borrow from also need theirs on hand for their use. And besides I hate borrowing machinery.
A quick fix is all the time I have. So a I have a very old friend that would loan me a plasma cutter and that helps a lot as it beats a cutting torch hands down.......on my visit to my friends which is cool because no one has seen anyone since about march I guess (how long has this corvid thing been around?) so's I hang a bit, we have a few beers and shoot the bull. His eldest stops by.
Now up to now the last time I'd seen EL he was doing well since he'd been put on some kind psychotropic drug or another and give'n up on the booze and smoke. But now here he was pouring himself rum and cokes.......tall ones. Uh uh uh, is this good? a little later in the by now late twilight my friend heads home, EL stays to keep me company and help lock up after I leave. Then he starts talks about guns and sheet that run into John Wick stuff and being all paranoid like. Well I guess it ain't hard being paranoid these days but........still ya gotta be real ya know. So finishing my beer, I tell him to buy a shotgun for the house and let the John Wick fantasies go as to best of my knowledge he's never shot anything heavier than a pellet gun and squirrels never shoot back.
Still I worry about the kid. That kind paranoid dream scape never never land rabbit hole has shallowed way too many.

So in my wanderings I've noted a lot (a few) BLM lawn signs hither and yon in my neighborhood......hmmm, I wonder if those good neighbors will be there if once again I get fronted up by some pig face (I've never seen and no one seems to know) at my polling booth like I did in 2016.

5 or 6 weeks ago I pulled out a piece of machinery I use every year about this time and I noticed about half fist sized hole rusted through. Shrug no big deal, I'll just weld patch on before I get started. so's before I start cutting and welding I looks the machine over a bit more and the more I look the worse it all got......holes and punky metal everywhere; well ****. The really bad part/s was that the most worrisome areas were around the high speed rpm spindles no one wants to be near if they fly loose. Agh. And hardly any good metal to weld to..............and I don't have a month of Sundays to fig it all up to rebuild.
Scouting around the prices to a decent replacement costs 6 k and only up from there and of course the people I can borrow from also need theirs on hand for their use. And besides I hate borrowing machinery.
A quick fix is all the time I have. So a I have a very old friend that would loan me a plasma cutter and that helps a lot as it beats a cutting torch hands down.......on my visit to my friends which is cool because no one has seen anyone since about march I guess (how long has this corvid thing been around?) so's I hang a bit, we have a few beers and shoot the bull. His eldest stops by.
Now up to now the last time I'd seen EL he was doing well since he'd been put on some kind psychotropic drug or another and give'n up on the booze and smoke. But now here he was pouring himself rum and cokes.......tall ones. Uh uh uh, is this good? a little later in the by now late twilight my friend heads home, EL stays to keep me company and help lock up after I leave. Then he starts talks about guns and sheet that run into John Wick stuff and being all paranoid like. Well I guess it ain't hard being paranoid these days but........still ya gotta be real ya know. So finishing my beer, I tell him to buy a shotgun for the house and let the John Wick fantasies go as to best of my knowledge he's never shot anything heavier than a pellet gun and squirrels never shoot back.
Still I worry about the kid. That kind paranoid dream scape never never land rabbit hole has shallowed way too many.

So in my wanderings I've noted a lot (a few) BLM lawn signs hither and yon in my neighborhood......hmmm, I wonder if those good neighbors will be there if once again I get fronted up by some pig face (I've never seen and no one seems to know) at my polling booth like I did in 2016.

Did you ever get the arc welder ?

Did you ever get the arc welder ?

Oh yeh! It was a big help too, in all my tools a plasma cutter is the one thing I don't have.
I've got a decent arc welder, gas torches, a forge and anvil and make shift kiln for creating patina's or sometimes annealing the softer metals like copper. (I'd like to get something larger for an oven but I don't know when that might happen.) My pieces (as a general rule) don't really call for the accuracy and speed a plasma cutter provides so it's a piece of specialized equipment I haven't invested in.

1. COVID ain't over!

2. There are other versions of the CORONA virus that are just as contagious and deadly. ( COVID-26, COVID-32 ).

3. Since many of you still haven't taken the vaccine. You are going to go buck wild at the bars when they open fully. You seem determined to by your own super spreader event!

STAY SAFE!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back