Black Men : Taking a Brother's Manhood From Him - Why do we do this?

First off, I don't know why people are bringing up slavery. :10500:

because we as a people are still bound by the negative affirmations taught and whipped into us during this time....
i use the word affirmation because some of us believe that the negative stereotypes and the negative family structure cycles are how it's suppose to be and how it's always been...

black women attack black mens manhood like black men call black women b's and h's...
this dysfunction has been carried down since slavery and has not been rectified as of yet...
and won't be rectified until something happens that causes us to have a mass social awareness of our present situation....

one love
khasm

because we as a people are still bound by the negative affirmations taught and whipped into us during this time....

If ONLY black men were denied their manhood, we wouldn't be able to turn on the TV and hear Steve Wilkos, a white man, tell another white man he's not a man.... because he beats women. It's not a black thang.

If ONLY black men were denied their manhood, we wouldn't be able to turn on the TV and hear Steve Wilkos, a white man, tell another white man he's not a man.... because he beats women. It's not a black thang.

the issue is not which races of men are being told they are not a man...the issue is the severity level...
just like the issue with american men in jail is not which races are represented...the issue is the percentage of races represented in correlation the the actual percentages in america...

this manhood issue tends to go a tad bit deeper for black families since black men are already starting from the point of being lazy and shiftless...

one love
khasm

My father was in the home before I was born, while I grew up and until the day he died....
and I have no idea what you mean by "failure to know how to react to an actual black man is a problem." :huh:
you do know that i was not talking about you personally?

black women attack black mens manhood like black men call black women b's and h's...
this dysfunction has been carried down since slavery and has not been rectified as of yet...
and won't be rectified until something happens that causes us to have a mass social awareness of our present situation....

I must have had a sheltered life when I was younger, because I remember a time when this was NOT the case among Black people. At least, never within my hearing distance.

I truly believe that this a NEW phenomena that reflects the signs of the times.

I recall a time when the FCC would not permit radio stations to play songs if they had "adult" lyrics.

I still feel insulted and verbally abused when I hear music/poetry that is riddled with these words that are mostly hurled at women.

But I understand your point.

We are being manipulated by overt and subliminal messages every day that influence how we view each other.

We are stripping each other frequently of our self-identity until it causes you to wonder what will be left when it's all said and done.

Maybe we need to look into how the basal ganglia in our brains work in terms of how habits are formed and broken. Maybe we should take a vacation to rewire our brains about how we think about each other.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back