Black Men : Taking a Brother's Manhood From Him - Why do we do this?

many black women do not know how to evaluate a black man when they meet one….and how to react to black manhood
not blaming the sisters, they may not have had the opportunity to see real manhood when they were growing up

however the failure to know how to react to an actual black man is a problem

Some definitions of man and woman I've heard along the way:

A man without a job is not a man.

A woman without a man is not a woman.
A woman WITH a man without a job is not a woman.

Very interesting and thought-provoking.

This made me think about "advice" that mothers sometimes pass on to their daughters about men.

Not a lot of "forgiveness" in these statements, nor latitude or allowances in terms of different lifestyle choices.

What it means to be a "man" might differ between men and women, huh?

This could be a topic of a thread all by itself. Or maybe, there are several out there already, but today, this struck me as very interesting.

many black women do not know how to evaluate a black man when they meet one….and how to react to black manhood
not blaming the sisters, they may not have had the opportunity to see real manhood when they were growing up

however the failure to know how to react to an actual black man is a problem

My father was in the home before I was born, while I grew up and until the day he died.... and I have no idea what you mean by "failure to know how to react to an actual black man is a problem." :huh:

Very interesting and thought-provoking.

This made me think about "advice" that mothers sometimes pass on to their daughters about men.

Not a lot of "forgiveness" in these statements, nor latitude or allowances in terms of different lifestyle choices.

What it means to be a "man" might differ between men and women, huh?

This could be a topic of a thread all by itself. Or maybe, there are several out there already, but today, this struck me as very interesting.

Which is why I've never forgotten it! :lol:

P.S.
Don't necessarily agree, though.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back