Black People : Taking A Break Family

I am trying, believe me.
But for right now, it just hurts so badly. I literally feel like my tomorrow is gone. I know I will survive and get through this, but for right now, it just hurts.

Play over this pain. It's about the kids and you

Thanks to you all.
I guess I have gotten a valuable lesson out of it though. Seems that the more I follow the rules, the more I lose. I have been faithful to her the 14 yrs, and look where it's gotten me. Maybe I should do as the young folks say and "just do me".
But the thing is, she loves to drink with her family, having parties 3 & 4 times a week, staying out all hours of night/morning, where I don't drink and would rather stay home or go out to someplace that is decent. It is a very large family, but dysfunctional. Infidelity is a common trait with them, as getting pregnant before 18. I chose to maintain a home with values and morals, and that put me at odds with a majority of them.
So in the end, she found someone more like her and her family, because he fits right in.
it's okay. i know it's hard to start over, but when time heals all wounds, you will be blessed with someone who deserves you and your loyalty.

Just wanted to say Thanks to all of you for bringing a new level consciousness to me about my blackness. Many of you have given me insights that I would not have found on my own.
Long story short is I have lost most everything that I have held dear to my heart & soul. My wife of 14 years has chosen to leave me for another man, and with her goes the children. To say the least, I am devastated. Family means everything to me and to lose them is almost more than I can bear. I truly feel as if there is no tomorrow for me, as all I saw was my family's life. My world was them, and now it is gone. I wish I could say that there is a chance that this will work out, but I would only be lying to myself. It is all gone now, and I feel nothing but pain & misery.
Anyway, again I will be out for awhile, though I will pop in when I can muster something to offer besides negativity (which is about all I'm feeling now). I wish nothing but the best to you all and this site.

Peace!

I am so happy that you had the spirit, the manhood, to make this kind of declaration about what has happened to you, betrayal, is hard to face. But you've faced it, you've manned up! Wow! Man! Props to you, and I hope this same inner power that you have will continue in you to be able to reach out to others that have salt and can help you deal with this betrayal and overcome the pain of such disrespect. I don't what I would do, if this happened to me but I would know that I would need help. Breaking a contract of trust is a dangerous thing though and no matter how much you hurt, I hope you keep going because I believe you will be vindicated.

Nobodies perfect, but breaking contracts of trust, has an end. I feel more sorry for the othr man that moved in on your peace than for you right now, though. Unfortunately, people who don't regard other people with respect will pay a dear price, and no matter what you think you could have done, you cannot have gone back in time and prevented that, so I hope you don't blame yourself for someone else faults. Try to look at the bigger picture, human nature. Continue to hold onto values that make you an humanitarian, and you will get through this, that is my prayer and my hope. Peace.

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back