Feb 19, 2001
Detroit
Occupation
Chemist

SeekingMaat

Oct 16, 2003
London, Babylon
Thanks to you all.
I guess I have gotten a valuable lesson out of it though. Seems that the more I follow the rules, the more I lose. I have been faithful to her the 14 yrs, and look where it's gotten me. Maybe I should do as the young folks say and "just do me".
But the thing is, she loves to drink with her family, having parties 3 & 4 times a week, staying out all hours of night/morning, where I don't drink and would rather stay home or go out to someplace that is decent. It is a very large family, but dysfunctional. Infidelity is a common trait with them, as getting pregnant before 18. I chose to maintain a home with values and morals, and that put me at odds with a majority of them.
So in the end, she found someone more like her and her family, because he fits right in.

Brotha Kamau I'm sorry for your pain and I know you've heard it before but time is a great healer. Sometimes in life we wonder why some circumstances can alter our entire lives. Things happen, sometimes even when you dont want them to. Remain true to yourself because if you try to be anything other than what you BE, therein lies a brutal pain of self sabotage and mind destruction. Keep strong my brotha, and walk straight, may the Ancestors bless you!

Peace:heart:

Fieldpea

Oct 15, 2005
The 602
Brother Kamau47, I am truly sorry for what has happened to you. I really mean it. I can only hope that you and your children find the way to emerge together from this time of grief and sorrow into a circumstance whereby you know you're more blessed and renewed than you were prior to the passing of your marriage.

I can hope that by then, you and your children end up living even closer and stronger in love and concern for each other. This is my well wish for you, Brother Kamau47--that this time of grief and disappointment shall give way and lead you, and your children with you, to the kind of real and powerful love and commitment to each other *as a family* that'll last you and them a whole lifetime.

One Love, and PEACE

Consciousness Raising Online!

Destee Conference 1-866-4-DESTEE

Latest profile posts

Nahshon wrote on Gracious's profile.
Gracious Queen I hope you do come back to destee...I see last time you were online here was 6 years ago on my birthday...I was probably probably taking a puff on that good 'ol stuff at the time...maybe sitting back sipping Coffee, Tea, or Wine...I just had to go back and read your previous posts.
Moved back to the Borough of my birth...Queens New York...Originally from SouthSide but now I live in Far Rockaway.
Clarity to pursue my mission in 2020
Destee wrote on Omowale Jabali's profile.
Hi Brother O! YAAAAAY! Good to see you! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year! :heart:
Destee wrote on King Tubbs's profile.
Hi Brother - so good to see you in the house again! Hoping all is well with you and yours! Happy New Year Beloved! :heart: