Black Spirituality Religion : Sweat Lodge Prayers

Discussion in 'Black Spirituality / Religion - General Discussion' started by phynxofkemet, Aug 21, 2009.

1. phynxofkemet

phynxofkemet Well-Known Member MEMBER

child care provider
    Ratings:
    +73
    Ma'at Hetepu Brothers & Sisters, Kings and Queens,

Tonight I will be attending a Mayan type sweat lodge. I haven't done a sweat in about 5 years, and I'm hoping my body will have the strength to see me through. During our sweat we can offer prayers for others. The emancipation of our nations will be a prayer request that I offer.

Time is 7-10 p.m. Mountain time, and I would appreciate it deeply if any of you could take a moment during this time to connect with my spirit and offer your own prayers and supplications. Although we are not physically present together, our hearts and minds are united in love.

Many many thanks.

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Well-Known Member MEMBER

Professional Hitman
    Ratings:
    +1,820
    Maruawe!

I wish you well. What is a Mayan type of sweat lodge and how does it differ from any others?

A couple weeks ago, I endured a sweat. I know how taxing they can be even if ultimately rewarding. A sweat is usually done whenever strength or guidance is needed. I wish you well.

Tuhwi

3. Alexandra

Alexandra Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +180
    I think this was a wise decision Sister Queen. I wrestled with similar one when I heard that Malidoma Some is conducting a three day workshop in Germany this October. Despite the ridiculous price tag - about £1,000 when all expenses were counted - I was willing to make the financial sacrifice, however the thought of experiencing and sharing profound spiritual moments with Caucasians, and German ones at that was enough to make me rethink it.

Nonetheless, whatever prayers you require, I shall gladly offer them.

A