Black People : Susan Simmons Is Fired.

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by MsVeraisblessed, Mar 7, 2012.

1. MsVeraisblessed

MsVeraisblessed Well-Known Member MEMBER

Ratings:
    +1,148
    It looks like the new owner of Comcast is pushing longtime black news anchor Sue Simmons out before her new contract is supposed to be up.

Sue Simmons, who has been anchoring for 20 something years, has been informed by WNBC-Channel 4 in New York City that ther contract will not be renewed in June, according to the New york post.

Those of you that are in the New York City area are probably familiar with her on the morning news show at 9.

What are your opinions about this? Do you think it's time for her to do other things, or should she fight this?
    Click Here

2. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    she's not eligible to retire yet? if so, i would retire if i were her and look for another job that I enjoy while collecting pension

3. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    From reading a little more on this, she hadn't decided on what she wanted to do once she retires. But your right, it feels good collecting money and not doing any work, at least, for the time being..

4. legit-writer

legit-writer Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,189
    yes because she put a lot of years into it anyways, so she more than deserves a pension if she does retire.

5. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    She should move on, she won't be fighting for anything, because she was just an employee.

6. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    I agree..Yes she should just retire and relax and enjoy her retirement pension..

7. Black-king

Black-king Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +720
    Though it's still a shame in 2012 that Black folks don't have their own tv news network to give a legendary anchor like herself the option to retire with honor. I mean they kept Scarborough who has been there as long she's been. Most of the white legendary tv anchors usually retire with honor at their own will, Black anchors don't get that option. Sure getting pension money is good but she probably rich already being a top anchor for all these years, this is more abut honor than money. Being forced to retire is not a good for feeling for someone with her resume.

8. Chevron Dove

Chevron Dove Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +2,731

i don't know who she is, but Black King took the words right out of my mouth. I don't know hte details about certain high powered reporters but I don't think they were booted out of thier jobs unless they were ready. I know of names like Baraba Walters, Connie Chung, Katie Curic, Diane Sawyer and more and I don't remember hearing that they were forced to leave their job, but some of them actually got better jobs. Some of them did other anchor shows and talk show, but I don't think it was because they were forced out of their longtime anchor jobs.

So I think this woman, Susan Simmons, should one day write about ehr situation if she was written out of her contract prematurely, to make the public aware of it, if there was any unfairness because she is Black. Sometimes, those Black anchor women do have problems with bias behavior in this regards. I heard alittle riff raff in regards to Star Jones as she talked about it on Wendy Williams show, and both of them spoke about it too.

So, I think Susan Simmons should probably look to do other things and not worry about fighting it legally, but just fight it by writing about it or talking about her experience on talk shows if she feels she was wrongfully entreated.

9. Shikamaru

Shikamaru Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +1,989
    When you are an employee (servant), expect to be treated as such.
    When you have your own stuff, you are the master.

10. MsVeraisblessed

Ratings:
    +1,148
    Your right Sis.Chevron,...With her experience, she should shop around for her own show, or write a book. I'm pretty sure she has gained a lot of business friends during this time. They could show the way or maybe she prolly have something in store. We'll see...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. susan simmons i cheated in front my kids will i go prison