Black People : Survive and Thrive Pt1 (For Afrikan People)

Ionlyspeaktruth

BANNED
Feb 26, 2008
Asham Afrikans! I have decided to post some things that I do to survive as an Afrikan in the diaspora. These work for me. period. So dont nobody come on actin like I am tryin to tell you how to live.:11700:

(1) Wake up each morning in good spirits. People that wake up in a foul mood are giving in to weakness. Nobody has had a chance to do anything to you so don't wake up mean muggin!:yesno: Have a sense of humor! Laugh, have fun!:11700:

(2) Have your battle plan done the night before. goals. list of things to do etc.... Man. you dont wanna have to wake up and do that. Works better for me at least

(3) Get rid of ALL negative people! I dont care what the relationship to you is.:getout: These people will have you getting headaches, muscle aches, stomach ailments and worse. This is gonna be the hardest one but in many ways it is the most essential! If your mate is negative, that is a relection on YOU! Bounce that a## on out of there. I dont allow them to cross my threshold.

(4) Forget about yesterday! It is a wrap! I work on this one constantly.

Well, swallow these 4 for today. Have a great day!:great:

I agree...

wisely written brother! I do the tomorrow's battle plan too, and boy does it help ease stress! May I suggest (humbly) that when the connection to negative people cannot be immediately removed (I have a situation like that) the best you can do for yourself if strengthen your light so they cannot feed from you. I have a family members who to me, are more often negative than positive. When things go well they warn me about how they can go sour. When things are bad, they predict it will get worse. When they assist or "help" they become a martyr and play the role that they are giving too much. It's a lot but right now, I have to be patient so that I can position myself for the independence I once had. Interestingly enough, when I was independent and on my own, these people and I rarely interact.

The truth that I found is that negative people are intimidate by the strength of others, it reminds them of what is possible within their own lives if only they are willing to let go of their fears!

p.s - if I can add one brother, it would be gratitude! I've been feelin' very grateful lately for the gifts that come unexpectedly and the ones that I forgot to count!

phynxofkmt said:
wisely written brother! I do the tomorrow's battle plan too, and boy does it help ease stress! May I suggest (humbly) that when the connection to negative people cannot be immediately removed (I have a situation like that) the best you can do for yourself if strengthen your light so they cannot feed from you. I have a family members who to me, are more often negative than positive. When things go well they warn me about how they can go sour. When things are bad, they predict it will get worse. When they assist or "help" they become a martyr and play the role that they are giving too much. It's a lot but right now, I have to be patient so that I can position myself for the independence I once had. Interestingly enough, when I was independent and on my own, these people and I rarely interact.

The truth that I found is that negative people are intimidate by the strength of others, it reminds them of what is possible within their own lives if only they are willing to let go of their fears!

p.s - if I can add one brother, it would be gratitude! I've been feelin' very grateful lately for the gifts that come unexpectedly and the ones that I forgot to count!

So true my sister. I feel gratitude that I don't have to deal with negative people beacuse of things that connect us. Seek and hold dear your independance and feel worthy of those unexpected gifts.:welldone:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back