Black Money Business Jobs : Supporting Black Businesses: A Delima

river

Watch Her Flow
REGISTERED MEMBER
Mar 22, 2004
Where the Niger meets the Nile
Occupation
Author
I've been buying skin and hair care products from an unquestionably African American internet business. My delima is this. My cousin has started selling Avon and put me on her mailing list to buy stuff from her.

Doesn't supporting our own mean beginning with family? But supporting my cousin's business will mean supporting a white company from which she gets a portion of their profits. Truth is, I would not be dreaming of buying anything from Avon except for my cousin.

Sister River ... as far as the dilema goes, regarding the fact that a portion of the profits goes to some white person, doing business with any Black person selling Avon, will be the same. No matter who the Black sales representative might be, they all give a portion of their profits back to the white owned Avon.

Now, if you are torn between supporting your own cousin versus another Sister or Brother ... well ... if the folk you've been doing business with have given you great service and stuff, and you want to show your appreciation by continuing business with them ... but want to support your cousin too ... why not divide your purchase up between them.

Maybe give some to your cousin, and some to the other people, who have provided you good service all along.

If a choice must be made ... between Family and others ... i'd probably go with trying to support my Family ... as charity does begin at home ... and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back to the other people.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee

Sister River ... as far as the dilema goes, regarding the fact that a portion of the profits goes to some white person, doing business with any Black person selling Avon, will be the same. No matter who the Black sales representative might be, they all give a portion of their profits back to the white owned Avon.

Now, if you are torn between supporting your own cousin versus another Sister or Brother ... well ... if the folk you've been doing business with have given you great service and stuff, and you want to show your appreciation by continuing business with them ... but want to support your cousin too ... why not divide your purchase up between them.

Maybe give some to your cousin, and some to the other people, who have provided you good service all along.

If a choice must be made ... between Family and others ... i'd probably go with trying to support my Family ... as charity does begin at home ... and if it doesn't work out, you can always go back to the other people.

Love You!

:heart:

Destee
Hey sista Destee,

That sounds like sound advice.

BTW, based on your suggestion about the hair in the tub I got my strainer basket (the kind you use to steam veggies) and put it over the stopper to keep hair from going down the drain when I shampoo.

Thanks,

Love you too
river

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back