Black People : Support in supporting our own

Coach707

REGISTERED MEMBER
Jan 30, 2006
Guys I want to know how can we make a collective effort to support our black businesses. I know some of you may already, but what are some of the things that can be done to make more black people give back to their communities through the black business.

In Jewish communities, it is said that a dollar touches an average of 12 Jewish hands before it leaves thier community. On average, how can do we compare? How can it get better?

every dollar that enters the black community immediately exits to some other group.
that is why they have retail outlets set up right in the hood.
every hip hop video depicts black people giving their money to white people.

this is a large part of why we are poor.
black people have a lot of cash. we give it all away.
if Bill Gates gave away all his money, he would be poor too.

Good points Brotha James, but what do you think we could do to make our black businesses more appealing to black people. Lets face it, we cant compete with the large corporations such as Wal-Mart and McDonalds. Also, it seems as if its inevitable that we are going to consume, so since saving and investing is out of the thoughts of some, how can we make our black businesses stronger?

One of my concerns is quality of service. Lets be honest, sometimes you wont get the best customer service possible in a black business!

With that being said, should we feel obligated to support black businesses anyway?

Lower the prices ! In alot of urban communities there are black owned businesses but their prices are always higher than the asians,arabs,and whites!
When I go to the beauty supply house where the asians have barretts, they are 2 for a dollar, with the black owned beauty supplies they are 1.50 a pack!
Alot of people watch their pennies and are on fixed incomes and cannot afford that extra 50 cents for one pack when you can get two for a dollar!
Granted their prices are higher because they have to make back what they put in to keep it going and the other races recieve loans and grants to get theirs, but as a consumer what is more appealing? Lower prices and quality of service!

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back