Black Entertainment : SUPERFLY

Discussion in 'Black Entertainment' started by Kemetstry, Jun 13, 2018 at 3:31 PM.

1. Kemetstry

Kemetstry going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    Chemist
    Ratings:
    +7,470
    SUPERFLY: Everything in me said, do not go see this. I didn't see the original, which single handed destroyed the BLACK POWER movement. Sent us back to perming our hair, pimping and drug dealing. But, I went to support brothers and sisters in their efforts. ( quote ALERT ) 1st millennials wouldn't shut up! 2nd, it wasn't as good as or stylish as the original. No pimped out rides. Though they played Curtis Mayfield's theme. When Freddy got killed, they didn't play Freddie's dead! If you liked Belly, or some of J-Z's early crap, you will like this. There was enough T& A and machismo to make an C action picture. But it wasn't Public Enemy

2. Symbol of America

Symbol of America going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

United States
    RET: EMS & TPD
    Ratings:
    +845
    WOW!!! I didn't even know a SUPERFLY remake existed. You didn't miss much though with the original. A fair number of high brow edumacated brothers and sisters dogged it "and" Ron O'Neal (An accomplished actor in his own right) as being low class, trashy and in some weird way unabashedly promoted widespread uncontrollable heroin use and rampant prostitution in Black America. I'd like to read that book. The more proactive, effective active components of the Civil Rights movement (BPP/NOI/CORE/SNCC) was pretty much already neutralized by COINTELPRO in the late 60's way before SUPERFLY even hit the big screen. Most of the heroin in the 60's and 70's made it's way into the Black and White areas in America in the veins of the already addicted servicemen returning from Vietnam. It is now a well document fact that Blaxploitation movies were the joint Government and Jewish Hollywood moguls moneymaking scheme to pacify us Black city folk from burning down the local government and business infrastructure and the Jewish Synagogues in the heat of frustration and institutional racism that would come to a head like clockwork in the long hot summer. Perming, pimping and drug dealing existed long before we were even allowed in a theater.

Just temporarily came on-line testing the new PC's. Just checked in and this caught my eye. Take care.