Black People : Super-whites...

Discussion in 'Black People Open Forum' started by spicybrown, Oct 13, 2006.

1. spicybrown

spicybrown Well-Known Member MEMBER

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    Why is it that when a white/non-Black person becomes a member of this community; we beg and plead for them to make a change for the betterment of Black folks? If any white person had our best interests at heart...the change would have been made. Period. SMH.

It ain't gonna happen...either ban them, or make certain threads "off-limits" to them. Perhaps they are better off viewing instead of becoming members....what say you?

:read:

PEACE

2. Keita Kenyatta

Keita Kenyatta going above and beyond PREMIUM MEMBER

Ratings:
    +3,382

Personally I don't think anyone here is begging or pleading for them to make a change for the betterment of black people....after all, the only change they could really make in those terms is "of themselves"...everything else would follow. In terms of banning them or making threads off limits?....That's a joke too. This is "our house"! Why should we change "our house" all because an alien came in the front door? If they don't like what they find or read, that's on them. The door swings both ways...but for you to suggest that "we modify or change" all because they walked in is ludicrus. End of Story

3. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Sister Spicy ... how do you define "beg and plead" ?? Can you show me those posts? Give us some links?

There may be one white person that has our best interest at heart. WhiteN'nerdy may be the one.

What is wrong with letting them know where they'd be most useful?

Since when is any of this a reason to ban someone, or limit their access here?

:heart:

Destee

4. SAMURAI36

SAMURAI36 Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +234
    Who says we do need their help? :confused:

PEACE

5. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    *scratches head*

Umm...did you happen to see my "ban them" suggestion? How is banning them a joke if they are in "our house"? You are the main one in opposition to them being here period...or are you?

6. WhiteN'nerdy

WhiteN'nerdy Banned MEMBER

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps 'encourage with urgency' is a better choice of words?

I think I got that impression from your earlier post Destee. Not that I felt anything wrong with that. I reasoned it to be more directed toward change agents rather than myself.

7. spicybrown

United States
    Ratings:
    +118
    All of the "Can you please go tell your people to make changes in higher places" sounds like quite a plea to me.

8. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    I changed my words ... from needing their help ... to where they will be most useful.

At any rate, to answer your specific question ... considering the fact that we alone, Black People, have not successfully been able to end white supremacy / racism on our own ... and white people created the system, maintain it, are beneficiaries of it ... and have in their complete control the ability to end it immediately ... and we got one of 'em right here ... *shrugg'n* ... why not ask for their help?

We need somebody's help ... seems like.

You know people more able to end it immediately, than white people?

Destee

9. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    I suppose ... if that's how you define "beg and plead" ... someone ask'n sump'n ... kewl.

You originally implied that this happens often, when a white person comes here ... can you give us some other examples?

Destee

10. Destee

Destee destee.com STAFF

United States
    Ratings:
    +9,686
    Yes, i suppose there was some urgency in my request. Black people around the world are in dire straights, being devastated and traumatized continually by the system of white supremacy / racism that your people inflict upon us.

My post you referenced, was entirely directed at you, as you are the white person here.

I intend on responding to your response, in that thread, momentarily.

Destee