Black Poetry : Sunday Morning (First Sunday back!)

msluciousb

REGISTERED MEMBER
Sep 10, 2001
Kansas City, Missouri
Occupation
Self Employed, Business Consultant
Sunday Morning I was all excited and flushed, not rushed, my morning prayer was short and hushed.
But this Sunday morning came after eight months of pain and suffering and I wanted God to know how grateful I was for the healing, there was also something appealing cause this was my first Sunday back and the First Sunday of the month.

It's spiritual significance was not lost on me, you see
it's when Baptist take communion, God and man in perfect union. I was made for the moment and ready to shout the roof top off. The music and the fellowship was filling me up inside.
I watch my mother carefully as she smiled with pride.
As I walked to the front of the church with my grandbaby by my
side.

Often we go down for prayer , but this was something different, I had a testimony and I would not be diswayed...Pastor smiled that special smile just before he prayed. Never at a lost for words , tears flowed freely down my perfectly made up face, but every tear I shed was earned and with joy they were replaced.
I talked about not just healing, but being content in whatsoever state you are in. I talked about pain and suffering and how Jesus was my constant friend. I shared my thoughts on the presence of Angels and challenged non-believers to try the Insurance I had...called Salvation...it's an open invitation for any situation.

My grandaughter only six dealing with leukemia was schooled for this very poised when she took the mic, she gave her head a lil hike and looked straight into the crowd and said very loud. I am thankful for each day that I don't wake up feeling sick! I am thankful for being able to pray and I am happy that God did pick my Grandma just for me. You see my lil one began to share how I was always there and the fact that I was often sick myself...she said if she could have anyone with her in heaven it would be her Grandma Becky...Now you know that really made me cry!

She smiled and said I thank you for praying for my Grandma Becky cause I don't know ..."What y'all would do if she didn't get up here after the preacher and do the commercial!" And everybody laughed, and I couldn't have been more proud....and then I said it out loud..."Train up a child in the way that they should go..."
You know? And God will do the rest! My Mother I know she loves me , but my Baby says she loves me the best....All I know is
this SUNDAY...I feel really,really blessed!

BJS(C)2003:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Donate

Support destee.com, the oldest, most respectful, online black community in the world - PayPal or CashApp

Latest profile posts

HODEE wrote on Etophil's profile.
Welcome to Destee
@Etophil
Destee wrote on SleezyBigSlim's profile.
Hi @SleezyBigSlim ... Welcome Welcome Welcome ... :flowers: ... please make yourself at home ... :swings:
Back